Patagonia DAS Parka

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Patagonia DAS Parka

Postby Mountain_Marc » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:05 pm

Anyone have one? What do you think? Does it keep you fairly warm? Warmer than down? I won one this weekend in a pull-up contest in the Adirondacks and am wondering what people think of it.

Anyone?
"You can't practice to be miserable. You're either good at it or you aren't."

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Postby chossmonkey » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:09 pm

Don't have one or know anything about them, but I am curious to know how many pull-ups you had to do to win it. Good job!
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Mountain_Marc » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:12 pm

chossmonkey wrote:Don't have one or know anything about them, but I am curious to know how many pull-ups you had to do to win it. Good job!

Not quite sure to be honest. I think around 20. Just more than the other people that volunteered.

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Postby chossmonkey » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:19 pm

So you are trying to decide if you want to keep or sell the coat?

Patagonia normally is pretty good. I doubt you'll be disappointed. I would have a lot more of it, but I'm not privy to where the current pull-up contests are. :?

It's too expensive, especially here in Canada, for me.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Mountain_Marc » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:22 pm

chossmonkey wrote:So you are trying to decide if you want to keep or sell the coat?

Patagonia normally is pretty good. I doubt you'll be disappointed. I would have a lot more of it, but I'm not privy to where the current pull-up contests are. :?

It's too expensive, especially here in Canada, for me.

I'm keeping it for sure. I love all my Patagonia stuff. I'm just curious about the warmth of it compared to my down parka.

The last two years, they've had a pull up contest at the Adirondack Mountainfest. I also won last year and won a pair of Grivel X-Monsters which I gave away to a buddy of mine.

Mountain_Marc

Postby mathieu » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:31 pm

I have a Das Parka. I use it for all my outings in the mountains, ice or alpine. Its very well built (hood, internal mesh pockets). It packs down to a small enough size and keeps me plenty warm. I have had mine for maybe 3-4 years and just use it for climbing and it lasted well till now. I bought mine second hand from some guy in Ontario for 125 I think so I can't complain.
mathieu

Postby chossmonkey » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:31 pm

Mountain_Marc wrote:The last two years, they've had a pull up contest at the Adirondack Mountainfest. I also won last year and won a pair of Grivel X-Monsters which I gave away to a buddy of mine.

I'm looking forward to having a pull-off with you next year. :twisted:

I better get training!
chossmonkey

Postby szymiec » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:14 pm

You two have fun with that pull off.

For what it's worth, i believe Steve House used that piece for his Rupal Face climb on Nanga Parbat. So i assume its super warm and lite.

C
szymiec

Postby mathieu » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:22 pm

szymiec wrote:For what it's worth, i believe Steve House used that piece for his Rupal Face climb on Nanga Parbat. So i assume its super warm and lite.

C

Steve House is sponsored by said clothing company. I on the other hand am not, so who are you going to believe? Steve House or some guy that goes climbing once a week and sits at his desk for 5 days a week. You decide.
mathieu

Postby szymiec » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:32 pm

Thats it!

I challenge you to a pull off!
szymiec

Postby The Mitt » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:36 pm

I'm not really sure what a "pull off" is and I'm a sailor. Whatever it is it better be at least PG13 :)

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby Scooter » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:50 am

ahahahahahha
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby szymiec » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:25 am

Its amazing how quickly things go wrong in around here.
szymiec

Return to Gear