Quarks

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Quarks

Postby Mountain_Marc » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:20 pm

Anyone need some. I have some for sale...
"You can't practice to be miserable. You're either good at it or you aren't."

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Postby martha » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:40 pm

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

What year are they? come with leashes and pinky rests? condition? why you selling?

cara
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Mountain_Marc » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:28 pm

martha wrote:ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

What year are they? come with leashes and pinky rests? condition? why you selling?

cara

2004 I think. Leashes - BD Android. Pinky rest - Yes. Condition - Good.

I'm selling because I got Nomics.

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Postby chossmonkey » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:34 am

Mountain_Marc wrote:I'm selling because I got Nomics.
Nomics are quite nice. Do you carry a third tool for pounding pins?
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Mountain_Marc » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:01 am

chossmonkey wrote:

It's never gotten to that point yet. Usually I'd just place rock gear in less than optimal ice but I do have a light wall hammer that I'd carry along if the routes requires pin bashing.

Mountain_Marc

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:25 am

Gah, I think next year I'll be keen on getting some leashless tools. My Vipers are all well and good, but it would be great to be able to hook better and have a nicer handle for going leashless.

I used my friend's Quarks once this season, but they had allowed their picks to become so dull that it was pretty miserable climbing with them.
granite_grrl

Postby Mountain_Marc » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:28 pm

Cara, did you get the email?

Mountain_Marc

Postby szymiec » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:02 pm

A little somethin somethin i discovered.

If you are having dirty leashless thoughts about your quarks, you can go to MEC and buy the Grivel finger triggers, size large and they fit on the Quark like a dream.

Yeah Yeah

Chris
szymiec

Postby chossmonkey » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:11 am

szymiec wrote:If you are having dirty leashless thoughts about your quarks,....

While not about the Quarks, I will admit to having dirty thoughts about leashes. :oops:

I think the only time I ever climbed with leashes was my first time out. It was on a set of Quarks that our friend had just got and he insisted on only using them as tethers because the dirrections said that they were non-load bering. :roll:
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Elvis » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:37 pm

chossmonkey wrote:

Mountain Marc does not pound pins... the Nomic is an awsome tool but has limitations in the alpine and trad protected mixed terrain... the only thing that pounds pins well is a real hammer. try and use an ice tool and you will see what I mean...

E.
Elvis

Postby Mountain_Marc » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:02 pm

Elvis wrote:Mountain Marc does not pound pins...
E.

Hey bro,

That's what I said earlier. Popping in a cam so much easier. Not much pin pounding happens in these parts. To be honest, i've never seen anyone do it around here while ice climbing.

Mountain_Marc

Postby chossmonkey » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:18 am

Elvis wrote:the only thing that pounds pins well is a real hammer. try and use an ice tool and you will see what I mean...

Been there, done that.

If you do plan on pounding a lot of pins a pin hammer is the way to go, but if you only bring along a few blades that you may or may not need to use, bringing along a pin hammer wouldn't make any sense if you have hammers on your tools.

Most fixed pins should be tested or at least given a decent tap to make sure they are set before trusting them. Most people skip that step in clipping a fixed pin, but on ice/mixed routes that see so much freeze thaw action and moisture that rots them from the inside out I really don't care to. Bringing along a pin hammer to test a couple of pins wouldn't be overly practical either if you already have hammers.
chossmonkey

Return to Gear