fatbastard crash pad

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

fatbastard crash pad

Postby cstamp » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:25 pm

I am looking to pick up a new crash pad. There are a lot out there and I am not even sure which place is the best to order from. I have owned a standard folding metolius pad (like it for the weight) and a flash pad (good construction overall).
At present the fatbastard looks good because of its thickness. Thickness/cushioning and not square footage is probably the most important thing in the pad selection for me. Can anyone suggest a crash pad they like and what makes it good.
craig stamp
cstamp

Postby chossmonkey » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:14 pm

My pads are quite old and the manufacturer that made them is something else now.

That said I like the taco style, though the beveled hinge may have fixed the problems with bottoming out if you hit the seam. I think taco style holds more stuff to. I also like a nice thick pad. We have been talking about getting a BD Dropzone (was Frankiln) friends of ours have one and it is nice and thick without being to cushy. I haven't got to take any big falls onto it yet though.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby granite_grrl » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:44 am

I don'y think I've taken huge falls on the Drop Zone, but I've got to use it a few time bouldering down in the Niagara Glen. I liked the pad, probobly more than the Cordless pads that Nathan has (though his are getting old...).

the only thing I don't know about the drop zone is how well it holds up.

I've used Metolius pads in the past, and except for their XXL pad (which impressed me because it was XXL) they never really stood out.
granite_grrl

Return to Gear