pumice stone

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

pumice stone

Postby Scooter » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:14 pm

Does anybody know where it is possible to pick up a good, super rough pumice stone? I've tried superstore and shoppers and both stones from each place weren't rough enough and were the roughest they had.
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby granite_grrl » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:02 pm

Can I ask why you need a really rough one?

(but no, I don't know where you can pick one up, sorry)
granite_grrl

Postby Scooter » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:07 pm

Because the others I have used do not do a very good job in taking my loose skin off of my finger tips, becasue they are not rough enough.

It could be that the quality just sucks, but I have used ones from other climbers that work really well.

There is a huge difference in the size/ texture of the holes in the good ones vs the bad ones. (the holes in the good stones seem to be much bigger)
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby martha » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:41 pm

Check Walmart.. sometimes the have some odd things.

otherwise...check a beauty supply store and look for the ones they use on Feet for Pedicures...they are much rougher.

teeth work good too though...
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Scooter » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:46 pm

thats actually another problem i have
i use my teetch but always take too much skin off and make it tens times worse

i can never win
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby Annie » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:32 pm

I used to take ballet, and the pointe shoes were a killer on the feet. I used Dr. Scholl's "step 2, Rough Skin Remover". It's like a lotion that you rub on and it will take off layers of skin, but it's great for controlling the size of callous (sp?) you want to leave. (and won't soften the skin...) Use sparingly- this stuff actually works!
Annie

Postby granite_grrl » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:31 am

Annie wrote:I used to take ballet, and the pointe shoes were a killer on the feet. I used Dr. Scholl's "step 2, Rough Skin Remover". It's like a lotion that you rub on and it will take off layers of skin, but it's great for controlling the size of callous (sp?) you want to leave. (and won't soften the skin...) Use sparingly- this stuff actually works!

Interesting, does it work well if you only want to exfolliate a small section of skin (without damaging the skin around it)? I'm thinking of the callouses I've built up at the base of my fingers from pulling on jugs on the home wall this winter.

Slimestone just doen't build up enough callouses anywhere once now that I'm heading outside again, but I'll probobly continue with sessions at home.
granite_grrl

Return to Gear