REVERSO3 - the video

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

REVERSO3 - the video

Postby Murph » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:09 am

Petzl's REVERSO³ new video
-"Why do this instead of a 5.13 sport climb?"
-"Cause this is way more bitch!n'"
Matt Segal, The sharp end
Murph

Re: REVERSO3 - the video

Postby Adam » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:51 pm

Carabiner hole to release device when loaded in Reverso mode: allows the loaded device in Reverso mode to be easily and gradually released with only a carabine

nice.
Adam

Postby Adam » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:59 pm

after watching the video... i'm left scratching my head looking (not dreadlock induced :P) at how they show using a biner to release the autolocking position to lower a second. they have the biner's gate open, and if you had to crank on it i could see you bending the biner.

but maybe it's not that much force or they didn't intend to depict it like that... thoughts?
Adam

Postby david » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:15 pm

After watching the video, I tried using a biner to unlock a ATC-guide (which is very very similar), after some rigging in the backyard. I actually does not take much force to unlock. I think it's faster and easier than girth hitching a sling through it.

They could make the release hole bigger to allow a biner to fit in it... My guess is that they don't do that as some people could get confused and use it to hang the device to the anchor.

my 2 cents
david

Postby Murph » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:29 pm

I’ve read somewhere that a DMM shadow(small nose profile) can be used in the same manner to release the second with the ATC guide. I hear a nut tool works well too.
Murph

Postby chossmonkey » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:42 pm

Murph wrote: I hear a nut tool works well too.

Exactly

BD purposely made the hole small so people wouldn't go and clip the wrong hole when setting it up. I wonder if Peztl will have enough room to draw all the instructions on the side of the new Reverso like they do on their belay loops now.

I've never actually needed to use anything to release my ATC Guide. I can normally just grab it and turn it enough to start lowering. Not that I have had to use it like that very often or with a very heavy second. But I could never do that with the original Reverso.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby granite_grrl » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:32 pm

The new Reverso looks nice, a lot like the ATC-Guide which I like a lot. I'm sure it wouldbe very similar in function....but the new reverso does come anodized in green, hmmmm.
granite_grrl

Postby Murph » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:26 am

If anything else, it looks like it should weigh a bit less than the guide, however the information out there is misleading. The video states it weighs 77 g, the details on the same page record it at 72g and MEC has it listed 109 g??
Murph

Postby Stan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:14 pm

Murph wrote:If anything else, it looks like it should weigh a bit less than the guide, however the information out there is misleading. The video states it weighs 77 g, the details on the same page record it at 72g and MEC has it listed 109 g??
I think, this may answer your question :wink:
Attachments
_DSCF2400.jpg
REVERSO3
_DSCF2400.jpg (41.3 KiB) Viewed 4402 times
Stan

Postby Burley » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:40 pm

One thing I like about the reverso 3 is that the location/direction of the hole where the anchor biner goes (in autolock) will make it less prone to have the rope from the second rub on your personal anchor system or daisy charin when belaying. This is the big thing that has been bothering me about the ATC guide... other than that I like it. If you don't know what I'm talking about you probably need to pay more attention to your surroundings.

I don't want to hear any crap about it being hard to give slack to the second... even when weighting the rope... it isn't hard... I can do it with my index finger. Yes, hard to do in the gym with close to zero friction, but not hard to do outside in the real world.

I think we all need to spend more time jogging if we're worried about a few grams on a belay device. I'll get one of these if I ever drop my guide off the top of the cliff, but that'll be about it.
Burley

Postby Adam » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:36 pm

Burley wrote:I think we all need to spend more time jogging if we're worried about a few grams on a belay device. I'll get one of these if I ever drop my guide off the top of the cliff, but that'll be about it.

booyah!
Adam

Postby martha » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:29 am

The only one I can think of who could benefit from lighter gear is Bowles since he is an emaciated freak. But the rest of us just need to lay off the beer and chips. ;)
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Holly Reid » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:25 am

The only one I can think of who could benefit from lighter gear is Bowles since he is an emaciated freak. But the rest of us just need to lay off the beer and chips.

HAHAHAHAHA!
Holly Reid

Return to Gear