Looking for input...

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Looking for input...

Postby thicks » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:09 am

I've never talked about this before, but I really need the boards advice on what could be a crucial decision. Random people often have good perspective on things like this but, I’ve suspected for some time now that my girlfriend has been cheating on me.

The usual signs… Phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up.
My GF has been going out with the girls a lot recently although when I ask their names she always says, “Just some friends from work, you don’t know them.”

I always stay awake to look out for her taxi coming home, but she always walks down the drive. Although I can hear a car driving off, as if she has gotten out of the car round the corner. Why? Maybe she wasn’t in a taxi?

I once picked her cell phone up just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my girlfriend I think deep down I just didn’t want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her.

I decided I was going to hide in my car so I could get a good view of the whole street when she came home. I had left my gear in my backseat, as I was out this weekend and because I am somewhat of a lazy man. It was at that moment, crouching in my backseat, that I noticed that my BD number 2 cam wont open all the way.

Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to mec?
Thicks

this post stolen from here
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips
thicks

Re: Looking for input...

Postby Fred » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:37 am

The easiest way to catch a lier is to look them in the eye and ask them. If they look away when they answer then they are lying. If she is in fact lying, take that big old cam and beat the crap out of her car and that should loosen it right up.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby martha » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:46 am

HA! Fred didn't read the entire post obviously...

Hey Tyler... did you check that your wires are not bent etc? I've had a cam that wouldn't open all the way cause one of the wires was bent and so it held down the lobes. After i fixed that It was fine. and have you tried 'cam -lube'? (I suspect that WD40 would do the same.. just don't get it on the sling portion)
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Adam » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:48 am

funny. :)

definitely try some lubricant.
Adam

Postby GKelly » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:06 am

I recently had the same problem, with a cam of course. It was after an alpine climb where the cam must have been bashed, sat on, or something of the sort. The issue was that the horizontal bar (not sure the proper term) that holds the lobes somehow moved off centre. My method for fixing the problem may not be suitable to all. But it worked.
I set a book on the table, so as not to damage the table, held the cam high in the air with the proper end facing down, and smashed the sucker. If you have the same problem as me, you will no the proper end. Perhaps some lube may have brought it back to working condition as well, and I'm sure it would be a good idea anyway. I would definately use proper cam lube. I've seen the way petroleum based stuff can ruin clothing (and I'm guessing ropes, slings, etc)
GKelly

Postby Adam » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:01 pm

GKelly wrote:I recently had the same problem, with a cam of course. It was after an alpine climb where the cam must have been bashed, sat on, or something of the sort. The issue was that the horizontal bar (not sure the proper term) that holds the lobes somehow moved off centre. My method for fixing the problem may not be suitable to all. But it worked.
I set a book on the table, so as not to damage the table, held the cam high in the air with the proper end facing down, and smashed the sucker. If you have the same problem as me, you will no the proper end. Perhaps some lube may have brought it back to working condition as well, and I'm sure it would be a good idea anyway. I would definately use proper cam lube. I've seen the way petroleum based stuff can ruin clothing (and I'm guessing ropes, slings, etc)

sounds like a retiree candidate.
Adam

Postby thicks » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:24 pm

for the record, my girldfriend (and my cams) are in 100% working order. Post was just a funny joke I passed on.
cheers
T
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips
thicks

Postby STeveA » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:51 pm

I think it is obvious that the Cam is the one cheating on you, and your girlfriend is helping the cam by distracting you with her behaviour. They are in this together.
You are, therefore I am. That is the question....
STeveA

Return to Gear