Master Cams

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Master Cams

Postby Shawn B » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:50 pm

I picked up blue, yellow and orange master cams a few weeks ago. I initially liked the look and feel of them (nice smooth action, good balance of flexible stem (not flimsy, not stiff), nice manufacturing (especially since they are actually made in a factory vs a basement), nice trigger and nice thumb loop. I used them a couple times right after picking them up but used them extensively this trip. I like them way more now. I wondered if I'd keep reaching formy tried and (somewhat) trusted aliens. Didn't reach for them once over the master cam. Comparing the two the manufacturing is so superior on the metolius. My only small criticism is that the sling is a bit short. They'll be taking the alien's place on my right gear loop.
Safety third!!!
Shawn B

Re: Master Cams

Postby granite_grrl » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:16 pm

Thanks for the review. It seems like a lot of people weren't able to (or chose not to) get used to them.

I'm still waiting to get my hands on a blue (the one size I feel like I can justify doubling up on at the moment) so I can get a chance to do a hands on evaluation for myself.
granite_grrl

Postby Fred » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:54 pm

I played with one of John B's last weekend and they are awesome. They beat the homemade Alien jobbies any day. Far superior!!
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby PeterA » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:03 pm

Agreed, I've got the blue and yellow and they're one of my favourite pieces on my rack. They always feel so solid when they go in. Plus everything else that was already said about them

-PJ
PeterA

Postby *Chris* » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:37 am

Agreed again...
I've been using the purple for a few weeks now and I've had a chance to place it about a dozen times. They are smooth, ergonomic, and place anywhere an alien will go. Some folks initially thought that the semi-stiff trigger assembly would cause weird torque on vertical placements but that's not true at all. The trigger assembly seems to harmlessly twist rather than twisting of the head. I'm probably buying the blue and yellow to replace my TCUs.
*Chris*

Return to Gear