Five Ten Anasazi Verde

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Five Ten Anasazi Verde

Postby Fred » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:47 pm

Has anyone tried out or heard reviews of the new Five Ten Anasazi Verde?
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Five Ten Anasazi Verde

Postby the kydd » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:50 am

They get pretty good reviews on the MEC website.

I got a pair last year, and used them at GZ a little bit. Personally I wasn't a very big fan of them. The heel didn't fit me very well, almost like they were going to slide off when heel hooking, and they hurt my feet. I never used them on the rock, as I decided to stick with my Miuras. The heel fit so much better!!

I guess it all depends on your foot!
the kydd

Postby martha » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:14 pm

I'm not surprised about the heel cup feeling like it is going to slip. Every pair of Anasazi Velcros that I ever had felt the same.. and the lasts are the same on that shoe.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Fred » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:53 pm

I don't do much bouldering, mostly rope climbing on technical faces... so I can spare some heel for better toe power and sticky rubber. The Muiras are comfortable and have a great heel but I find the rubber a bit weak compared to Five Ten. I'm tempted to give Five Ten another chance after a few years with LaSportiva. A few years back I had many pairs of the Anasazi Velcro and one pair of the Anasazi Lace-ups. They were supper technical for precision edging but painful to wear on long pitches. It seems they've revamped the Lace-ups (enters Verde) so I might give it a shot again just to see.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby aidasr » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Hey fred, If you've climbed in the anasazi laceup's /pinks, then i think the new anasazi laceups might be the way to go ..i believe they're now refered to as the whites. They are apparently identical to the pinks except for the baggy heel. I've got a pair on the way to me and will let you know how they feel if your interested.
I've heard good things about the verdes, but i've also heard that some people who were accustomed to climbing in the pinks didnt like the verdes because of some small differences in shape. The whites however, were a big hit.
aidasr

Postby Fred » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:51 pm

Cool. I didn't know they even still made that shoe.

Where did you order from?

The Verde might be more comfortable though where it has only 1/2 mid sole.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby aidasr » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:00 pm

I ordered it straight from 5.10 as an exchange for a pair of v10's with a torn rand.
I know backcountry.com sells them as well, but as far as getting them from a canadian distributor..im not sure. Since MEC doesnt carry them, they're going to be tough to find in the country.
aidasr

Postby Fred » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:07 pm

I got the Verde. They fit nice right out of the box similar to my Muiras. Went with 1/2 size smaller than my street shoe.

My only complaint is the side of the shoe rubbs a bit on the ankle bone. Hope this breaks in.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Fred » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:24 pm

Final verdict... don't get these shoes. I gave Five Ten another chance but they failed in my books. Go for LaSportiva.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Rosie » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:37 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Fred, but I'm not surprised.

My feet still bear the "scars" from my first (and only) pair of 5.10s. It will be a long long time until I consider buying 5.10s again.
Rosie

Postby chossmonkey » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Fred wrote:Final verdict... don't get these shoes. I gave Five Ten another chance but they failed in my books. Go for LaSportiva.

Problem with your ankle?
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Fred » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:22 pm

The heel still sucks and the side rubs on the ankle bone.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Adam » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:36 pm

not all 5.10s suck. i've had some great pairs but it all comes down to the shape of your body and your pain tolerance i guess.

spread your legs and trust the rubber, i always say.
Adam

Postby martha » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:45 pm

I love this part.... " I told you so Fred"... LOL

I knew that if the ankle bone hurt out of the box that it wouldn't 'break in' in that area. I've worked with shoes and lasts for many years (in a previous job) and that sort of thing just doesn't change.

I have had some awesome pairs of 5.10's. For rope climbing I always loved my Velcros.. the heel did suck, but who the heck heel hooks when they are trad climbing anyways?! GAH!

I'm thinking I might get another pair of the sapphires for my 'fat trad shoes' since they are on mega sale at the Radical Edge. they edge great and are super comfy once broken in. :) For all day Welsford climbing they were always good.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:31 am

The Saphires fit me quite well too Cara. I don't fit them as my "fat trad shoes", my foot works in them well enough that they are my trad shoes of choice on certain techinical terrain.

But that's the thing about climbing shoes, if they fit your foot well they're fantastic, if they don't they suck.

My Saphires are getting old too, though. It'll probobly be resole time soon enough.
granite_grrl

Return to Gear