DIGITAL CAMERA

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Postby lukelovesclimbin » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:30 pm

I love me fuji.... but not as much as climbing lol
Climb on
Luke
Yeah I can just dyno, at the very top and I don't really get so scared.
You don’t really realize so much how high you are, and then you fall.
lukelovesclimbin

okee dokee

Postby climberwannabe » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:07 pm

Well I am going to check out this fuji again tomorrow. I know you have all said not to buy from future-shlop, but they have this camera on for $499, thats $250 off, and the sale ends Thursday. I hate the idea of buying from there too but what the hell, thats a great deal.

Steve
Mother nature: 1, climberwannabe: 0
climberwannabe

Postby dcentral » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:16 pm

If I'm going to buy from anything from a place like future shop and I can get the same thing at staples I'll go there just because they don't work on comission at Future Shop. PLus I hate being forced to buy their phoney extended warrenties.
dcentral

Postby Fred » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:06 pm

The product is the same at Future Shop as it is at Carsand. I think if you know what you want and you don't need assistance and you've done your research then just buy it wherever is cheaper. :) I bought my camera online after doing my homework when I knew exactly what I wanted.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby dcentral » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:43 pm

They might even match the price. If you mentioned it.
dcentral

Postby PaulB » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:22 pm

dcentral wrote:...because they don't work on comission at Future Shop. PLus I hate being forced to buy their phoney extended warrenties.

I assume you meant to say "they don't work on commission like they do at Future Shop." I've been told that you can tell who is on commission at FS by the colour of the shirt they wear. Commissioned sales staff wear dark blue, while hourly paid folks wear light blue.

Extended warranties are a waste of money for most electronics. Places like FS make most of their profit off of them, which is why they push them so hard. Just say no, and get a credit card that offers an extended warranty for anything you buy with it.
PaulB

Postby Fred » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:40 pm

PaulB wrote:Just say no, and get a credit card that offers an extended warranty for anything you buy with it.

there is such a thing? tell us more

I've got a credit card story which is kind of a side bar but interesting. When I went to France it was going to be $15/day for car insurance. Instead i got the $30/year Mastercard travel insurance. Turns out my car got digned when I was there. I didn't even know it happened untill I returned the vehicle. The quote came out to $1700 CDN. It took three months to resolve but I got fully refunded. Plus there are many more bonuses with the travel insurance plan. The only thing to be careful about is you have to rent the car on the card in question.
Last edited by Fred on Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby PaulB » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:09 pm

Fred wrote:there is such a thing? tell us more

Check out the Bank of Montreal Mosaik Mastercard. I'm sure there are others as well, but this one doesn't cost anything.
PaulB

Postby martha » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:49 am

That is the card that Fred has, so I guess we just need to read the fine print!!! :)

Thanks Paul!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Previous

Return to Gear