russian aiders

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

russian aiders

Postby Adam » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:05 pm

Adam

Re: russian aiders

Postby chossmonkey » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:19 am

I've never used them. For the normal user, with all the extra hooks, loops and skinny cords to tangle, the slight added benefits don't seem like they would be worth the extra added cluster frig.

I'm a huge fan of these
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Adam » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:36 pm

after reading that it seems that they're better in many cases just b/c it is that much easier to stand tall in them. you can't get the same reach as you can with reg aiders, but you can easily get into equivalent to second step each time.

and from reading that, it sounds like there is less flustercuck than with reg aiders... the aid tree (slings with rings on them) are very much not bulky and result in less cluster than regs... i'd like to compare them sometime but that would mean more aid climbing lol
Adam

Postby chossmonkey » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:46 pm

Less bulk would be nice, but the narrowness seems like they would be more tangle prone. Not to mention the hooks. Difficult to say without actually trying them though.

I don't aid that much either and when I do it usually while bolting really steep rock, so those really don't have much appeal, which could make me feel like they wouldn't be worth it.

Might be tough to get you hands on a set regardless.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Adam » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:56 am

by the sounds of it, these are actually better for steep rock... u can stand tall easier than with aid ladders.
Adam

Return to Gear