See saw story

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

See saw story

Postby cory » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:33 am

For 10 years now I have been using a Trail Blazer Take-Down Buck Saw in my new routing endeavours. It has also served well around the yard and for clearing trails. When collapsed into it's storage position, I once missed clipping it to my harness and it dropped down the Cedar Point cliffs. It survived unharmed. That was 3 years, 20 trees, and hundreds of limbs ago. This fall, a split started to develop in the aluminum cylinders where the steel blade sits. It still works, but the blade must be tensioned repeatedly and each time it worsens the split a bit.

During the holidays, I contacted the manufacturer outlining the problem and asked "What are my options?". Monday I received an email reply that said "Please send me your mailing address and I will have a new saw sent to you." I sent that info and today at 9:30 am a courier delivered a complimentary replacement saw!

Go to http://trailblazerproducts.com/products/view/21/ and buy one for yourself. They're also available at MEC. They cut quickly, stay sharp, weigh nothing and transport safely and easily. Every new router and trail builder needs a good quality portable saw. Anyone who camps or owns land will make great use of one as well. I'm not one who typically encourages consumerism, but the quality, durability, price, and SERVICE of Trail Blazer is an exception that deserves recognition.
cory

Re: See saw story

Postby *Chris* » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:58 am

Sounds pretty good to me. Twice now I've received similar service from ArcTeryx.
*Chris*

Re: See saw story

Postby granite_grrl » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:19 pm

I bought one of those saws years ago when I still lived in Halifax. It doesn't get a ton of use but they're pretty kick ass for rouge development, etc.
granite_grrl

Return to Gear