Katanas

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Katanas

Postby Greg » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:39 am

Just wondering about these rock shoes. If someone has owned a pair I would like to hear some feedback on them. Performance, fit, durability, etc. Thanks.
Greg

Re: Katanas

Postby PeterA » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:14 am

I climbed with the women's velcro katana's for a while. I liked them, they seemed to strike a good balance between comfort and performance. They aren't super aggressive, I didn't find them great on steep stuff. They smear and edge well on vertical to slab

-PJ
PeterA

Postby Holly Reid » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:25 pm

I used to climb in the women's Katanas as well and really liked them; went through several pairs and if it wasn't for the women's Muira VS I'd likely still be climbing in them. Found they lasted better than the Muira but aren't as comfortable. That said, they're not bad, comfort-wise. I wore them on everything I climbed, from steep and overhanging to slab, both bouldering and rope and had no complaints. The heel was excellent as well (whereas the muira can start to come loose unless I really crank on the velcro before hand).
Holly Reid

Postby Zach Taylor » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:49 am

I just bought a pair of Katana laces and love them so far. I took back my miuras to get them and I havent looked back once.
Zach Taylor

Postby austinconrad » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:20 am

I also own a pair of Katanas and use them for indoor bouldering and rope climbing outside and have no complaints. I find they work really well for edging. They're also relatively comfortable.
austinconrad

Return to Gear