harness question

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

harness question

Postby Greg » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:46 pm

Hey just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a comfortable harness. I spent about 7 hours cleaning routes today and my legs were numb most of the time that I was hanging on the rope. I had some relief occasionally when I got to a ledge but most of the time it was quite uncomfortable and it took about 10 minutes before my drunken sailor walk was gone after I got to the ground. If anyone knows of a harness that is good for hanging belays or just hanging on a rope for working on routes please let me know.
Greg

Re: harness question

Postby chossmonkey » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:36 am

Get a big wall harness for cleaning routes. Something like the Metolius Waldo.

Another option is a belay seat.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Re: harness question

Postby Deezydog » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:02 pm

If you're spending that much time hanging you might want to check out an arborist tree climbing harness. They're pretty pricey but even the cheaper ones are far more comfortable than a rock harness for extended hang time. Most of them have thick padded leg loops or a "bosun seat". I've spent full work weeks climbing trees in one and they are comfy. Just don't expect to send 5.12 while wearing a couch on your butt, they're heavy and bulky. This is a good selection of what's available, http://www.sherrilltree.com/Professiona ... es-harness
Deezydog

Return to Gear