Trigger Wire Draws

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Trigger Wire Draws

Postby cory » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:13 am

I love this stick-clip set up so much, I bought extras to sell (no profit), since you can't get them locally or through MEC.

The innovative trigger wire (and a lobster elastic or tape) make for easy and reliable bolt clips, and the super lightweight locker on the rope end lends multi-directional security which is so important as you maneuver around that first piece. Still have a few available. $18

cory

Re: Trigger Wire Draws

Postby Dom » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:42 pm

I'll be honest, I thought it was gimmicky.
BUT turns out, it works quite well. So I was wrong. This is definitely a great set-up.
If you ever thought the first bolt of a climb was too high then get one of these and stop complaining! :wink:
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:03 pm

I'm not sure why people are opposed to making themselves a proper stick clip. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I sure hate seeing the tape remnants from people using athletic tape (hey, it's commonly available in many climber's packs) used to keep the top biner open.

With a proper stick clip you can also clip the rope back into that first draw (assuming you're not using a locker on that bolt), clean the first couple of draws on most routes and stick clip your way past moves you can't figure out how to pull.
granite_grrl

Postby Brian! » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:50 am

I've been using this exact set up (except with a broccoli elastic) for the past couple of years and it works great. Although I feel less clever now that someone has discovered the exact same set up independently.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the stick clip, but I'm also not know for my "boldness".
Brian!

Return to Gear