BD Vipers For Sale

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

BD Vipers For Sale

Postby Isomer » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:29 pm

One pair of BD Vipers for sale (hammer and adze). Used only 4 times. Includes Viper fangs, and Viper Android Leashes. All of this costs 513 CAD at MEC + tax = 589.95. Yours for 500 OBO. My email is bperryma@telus.net.
Isomer

Postby Fred » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:00 pm

good god tell me you've been in a horrible car accident and you have no use for these anymore

If you were in a horribly bad car accident don't reply. :?
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby martha » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:22 pm

maybe he is moving on to bigger and better things...like the Quarks...
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Isomer » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:28 pm

Bigger and better things like perhaps the BD Cobras. Not the Quarks! And no terrible car accident.
Isomer

Postby Fred » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:40 pm

good god! have you tried the cobras? They certainly aren't better. I hope you have monster grip strength cause it's like holding onto two telephone poles.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Isomer » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:55 pm

All the reviews that I have read suggest that the Cobras are superior for Alpine climbing. They are less bent than the Vipers and Quarks. Perhaps stronger? The grip size is consistently listed as a drawback, and they are heavier. However, for alpine climbing they appear to be the better tool. But, if nobody wants to buy my BD Vipers then I'll happily keep them.
Isomer

Postby Fred » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:58 pm

I'm sure you'll find a buyer for the Vipers. They are one of the best tools out there.

It's true that the shallower angle cobras are better on low angle terrain but personaly I find the grip size ruins it. The grips "really" are that bigger. Not just for locking off (who cares you have leashes right) but more importantly for swinging. my 2 cents. Might be worth trying somone elses before buying is all I'm saying. good luck
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Mountain_Marc » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:08 pm

I have Vipers for sale too. Used 6 days and come with the Fang. I'll sell them cheaper lol.

Me, I am moving to better things, ie, Quarks.
"You can't practice to be miserable. You're either good at it or you aren't."

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Postby Matt Peck » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:20 pm

Hey Dude, I've got my own Vipers, but I'll take those leashes off of you. Mine are clean right now, and I think I'd like to do a little more leashed climbing before I go truly Sans Dragonnes.

Matt.
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Postby martha » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:04 pm

Mountain_Marc wrote:I have Vipers for sale too. Used 6 days and come with the Fang. I'll sell them cheaper lol.

Me, I am moving to better things, ie, Quarks.

atta boy..

:)

yeah, man, try the cobras. I didn't like them that much personally. But I"m a fussy one. my small hands (comparably to mens) and less stregnth (comparably to SOME men. HA)...I've tried nearly every tool going...and the Quarks are where it's at for me.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Isomer » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:49 pm

Hey Matt,

Make me an offer and I'll sell the leashes separately. Keep in mind that they are 45 CAD each at MEC, so 103.50 CAD with tax.

Ben
Isomer

Return to Gear