Ireland

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Ireland

Postby Barth_d » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:07 am

Have any of you guys been to Ireland? Or do you know any sites dedicated to Ireland?
Barth_d

Postby Ian_the_Barbarian » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:37 pm

I know that there's a pretty bitchin' bouldering area at the Giant's Causeway. I've never been there but my friend has. I guess its pretty popular for climbing. Its this big vein of columnar Basalts that stretches from the shore of Ireland to the shore of England under whatever body of water divides them.

Columnar basalts are these perfectly hexagonal rock crystals that stick vertically out of the ground and are all packed tightly against each other. They break off at different levels making a pretty unique looking stretch of coastline. I don't know if the image thing here will work, but type gian't causeway into google images and you'll get a crapload of pics.

le barbarien
Ian_the_Barbarian

Postby Ian_the_Barbarian » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:39 pm

and I guess there's everything there from lowball bouldering to big gnarly cliffs.
le barbarien
Ian_the_Barbarian

Re: Ireland

Postby PaulB » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:14 am

Barth_d wrote:Have any of you guys been to Ireland? Or do you know any sites dedicated to Ireland?

I've spent a few weeks in Ireland on business trips. Are you looking for climbing beta, or general info about the country?
PaulB

Return to General