FA climbing vids

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

FA climbing vids

Postby martha » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:19 pm

http://www.faclimbingfilms.com/

here is a trailer for a rad looking film.

gotta love those off width shots... how much fun does that look like? wooooooot!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby dcentral » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:36 pm

I've seen ads around town for this for awhile. The first I've seen the trailer though. Looks pretty, cool to bad I don't have sound on this computr0n.
dcentral

Postby granite_grrl » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:46 pm

Oh! I got to see No Perminant Address a week and a half ago in Toronto...it was a really good movie!! The amount of rigging that would have been required to get all the shots in Yosemite and their FA route must have been a ton!

All in all, two thumbs up!!!!!
granite_grrl

Postby dcentral » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:18 pm

I'm going to see this in two weeks.
dcentral

Postby dcentral » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:05 am

I saw this movie today -- man did it stink. There were some nice shots, but on the whole it was pretty boring.

It didn't even make me want to go out and climb.
dcentral

Postby granite_grrl » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:53 pm

dcentral wrote:I saw this movie today -- man did it stink. There were some nice shots, but on the whole it was pretty boring.

It didn't even make me want to go out and climb.

You really thought it was that bad?? Wow.

I still enjoyed it.
granite_grrl

Postby dcentral » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:31 pm

Yup. The story telling was rough. The transitions were terrible. Spent too much time on some shots and not enough on others. I don't want to hate too much on something that they obivously put a lot of work into but I wouldn't recommend the movie.
dcentral

Postby granite_grrl » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:53 am

Up until recently I have only really watched climbing movies that focus on bouldering, now I'm not sure if other people raved about them or not, but by the end of the movie I was getting kinda bored.

In the past few months I've gotten to see a few climbing movies with routes, and the sections involving gear climbing especially interested me. I think this is one reason I enjoyed the movie.

I have also climbed with a couple of the people in the movie, I remember Merrick at Hueco working Mushroom Roof. He didn't send it while I was there, so it set me up to be really excited for the movie when he appeared and sent his project.

Wish I could see it again so I could be a little more objective, the second time when I'm a little less excited might yield a different opinon.
granite_grrl

Postby dcentral » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:06 pm

One thing I did like when they showed gear being placed. It wasn't just clips of people clipping rope into a draw. They actually showed them placing gear then clipping.

Althought they didn't show where the guy needed those huge cams when he was clibming that upside down leg jam route.

On the Powell River climb I wish they used a few different angles. pitch 2 looked like pitch 22 they never gave you a sense of exposure or height really except maybe for that huge unprotected slab section.
dcentral

Return to General