Spawn of the Prince of Darkness climbs El Cap

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Spawn of the Prince of Darkness climbs El Cap

Postby The Teth » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:55 pm

New reality TV show. Jack Osborne gets in shape to climb El Cap. The show is called Jack Osborne Adrenalin Junky and is on Much music. I think the final episode is on Sunday night. I saw one episode. It is actually a fairly good climbing show.

The Teth
The Teth

Postby dcentral » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:07 pm

According to Dec. Climbing, he's a changed man and has totally gotten the climbing bug.
dcentral

Postby The Teth » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:55 pm

He has some good trainers. He had to run to loose wight for climbing, but they could not get him to run fast enough, so they sent him to Spain to run with the bulls. (Proper motivation.) They also took him mountaineering in the Swiss Alps. He practised climbing in Thailand, and practise lead falls to combat his fear on a big wall in France. Makes me wish I was a spoiled rich kid. I do think it is making him a much better person though.

The Teth
The Teth

Postby dcentral » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:13 pm

You would have to have Ozzy as a dad thought.
dcentral

Postby tracstarr » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:10 pm

yeah, it's a cool show. He started his training with like 6 weeks in a tai kick boxing camp. INSANE. He did some serious mountainearing and some 1000 fott climb (he lead it) in spain i think it was. It'll be interesting to see him on el cap.
tracstarr

Postby tracstarr » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:11 pm

well, crap, i should have read all the posts before saying anything. lol. o well. wish it was me.
tracstarr

Postby The Teth » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:21 pm

Just saw the last episode. A lot of good El Cape footage. They start the climb on a ledge that my Wife and I climbed up to for the view when we were in Yosemite. Good memories.

Anyway, it is on again later tonight, for anyone who missed it. I think is starts sometime after 8:00 on Much Music.

The Teth
The Teth

Postby Fred » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:47 pm

i caught the verdon episode as well as the elcap finaly. i quite engoyed it. i was expecting hollywood to take over but it was actualy very real. nice scenery. makes me want to climb elcap.... naaahhhh..... hehe
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby The Teth » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:30 pm

I am fairly certain from the vocabulary that it was a British production. Hence the lack of Hollywood ridiculousness.

The Teth
The Teth

Return to General