Perfecto=too cool for school

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Perfecto=too cool for school

Postby Matt Peck » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:48 pm

Gotta say, after leading Moby Dick in Kamou, I found Perfecto to be kind of cooler. Not maybe as picture-esque, but those moves at the end are way more badass. once you find the Pocket in Moby Dick, It aint no thang. Perfecto is still wayyy burly, even with the beta.

M@

PS< Prestastion is still way classic though.
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Postby mathieu » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:12 am

Looks like someone is climbing hard.

My turn to spray...
Just got back from a vacation in Powell River, althought it a totally water based vacation (surfing, kayaking, sailing, swimming etc) we did get one climb in the powell river area. This place is awesome, nobody around, nice granite and long routes for the hard climbers. Check out the climbs in Eldrid valley http://www.roughlife.com/rockclimbing/rock_climbing%20pr.htm

Not for the faint of heart. Oh BTW the grades are STIFF. Had to french free a 5.8 move only to be turned back on the next 5.8 due to lack of gonazz. Hope everyone is having an awesome summer.

Cheers

Mathieu
mathieu

Postby dcentral » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:18 pm

I got my first summit this weekend. I've tried a few other peaks but have always been turned around.

A friend from Search and Rescue and I climbed Mt. Arrowsmith (1819 m) here on the island. We did the Nose route, which had some low class five climbing on it. It was a lot of fun.

Here are some pictures

http://www.parazz.com/albums/dcentral/76604
dcentral

Postby mathieu » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:21 pm

Where is Mt Arrowsmith? is it close to Port Alberni?
mathieu

Postby dcentral » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:36 pm

Yeah it's on the way to Port Alberni. It's really nice up there. There's several different ways to summit, and a couple are winter only.
dcentral

Postby mathieu » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:59 pm

I saw this mountain on the way back from Tofino last week and wondered what it was and if there was any nice routes on there. Sounds like fun.
mathieu

Postby dcentral » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:09 am

Yeah it's a pretty popular one. There's the judges route which is supposed to be really easy. We met a couple of mayors and media people at the top who were taken up by someone who is trying to convert it into a park, and they we wear dress socks. But there's a lot of different ways to do it. We also meet a guy who had been wandering around in the area for five days with a massive pack I was actually surprised he made it down the climbing section with it. Seeing as he didn't even know how to climb really.

It's a really great spot you should check it out next time. the drive to the trail heads are really easy too.
dcentral

Return to General