FYI Aliens recall extended dates

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

FYI Aliens recall extended dates

Postby john » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:02 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

The Orange CCH Alien cam that was reportedly involved in the Paradise Forks incident, has turned out to be dated 10-05, rather than the highly publicized date of early 2004. This information has been verified the by the Coconino County Sheriffs Depart both verbally and in photographic form, with Dave Waggoner of CCH, during CCH’s own internal investigation. It is however still unknown if this unit was clearly dimpled.

The window of the recall was 11-04 to 12-05, thus any Alien cams date coded during this period should be tested, dimpled or not.

CCH will tensile test customers’ Aliens, of any manufacture date at no charge, to ensure that they will withstand a fall. Testing is done to 2/3 the rated tensile strength. After testing, all cams are currently being identified with a “Tensile Tested” stamp on the main swage above the loop. We will test and return cams to our customers within 1 week of receiving them.

Please attach your complete contact information to each unit being returned for testing, to facilitate a speedy turn-around.

Dave Waggoner

Colorado Custom Hardware Inc.
115 East Lyon Street
Laramie, WY 82072 USA
(307) 721-9385
john

Postby The Mitt » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:59 pm

Man that company sux and is in my opinion putting peoples lives at risk due to incompetent work and lack of quality control. Aliens will never go near my rack as long as Dave and CCH are making them.

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby Fred » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:07 pm

I have two of them and I have been leaving them at home. John, you want to buy them still?
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Return to General