Guidebook Printing

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Postby martha » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:17 am

Andrew wrote:Gondola Point is the mainland you can see from the Kingston Penninsula. They run parallel.

Tha climbing spot is 3min Ferry Ride from Gondola Point to the Kingston Penn. Turn left and drive for 30 seconds and your at the clmibing spot (rest-stop dirt).

Hi Andrew.. i know where Gondola point is.. .I was posing the question if perhaps he named it Gondola point becuase you can SEE Gondola point from the climbing....

just a suggestion.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Andrew » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:47 pm

Martha,

Yup. I gotcha. Hey, does he come on this forum? Maybe someonone could ask him that question. i'd be interested to know if it was an error or if was because of what you suggested.

Case closed :)

Andrew
martha wrote:
Andrew wrote:Gondola Point is the mainland you can see from the Kingston Penninsula. They run parallel.

Tha climbing spot is 3min Ferry Ride from Gondola Point to the Kingston Penn. Turn left and drive for 30 seconds and your at the clmibing spot (rest-stop dirt).

Hi Andrew.. i know where Gondola point is.. .I was posing the question if perhaps he named it Gondola point becuase you can SEE Gondola point from the climbing....

just a suggestion.
Andrew

Postby martha » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:01 pm

yeah, Goodman is on here from time to time. he'll see this thread I'm sure when he is on next.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Graham » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:10 pm

I don't know what the chances are, but would it be possible to include a short ice guide? I know there is one posted on the net, but it would be nice to have it in a book and not have to deal with crappy bubblejet printing.
Graham

Postby Fred » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:16 pm

there is enough ice info to warrant an entire book. It will not likely be an appendix to this new guidebook.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby PeterA » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:28 pm

Personally, I like to see the FA and FFA, just because I think its nice to credit that person(s).
PeterA

Postby Fred » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:05 pm

there are also numerous routes in the welsford area that received FA's (aid or TR) in the early years and then someone came behind them and did a FFA.

I plan to keep the same format.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby The Mitt » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:21 pm

I like reading more about history of the area and the climbs themselves as well.

Mitt
The Mitt

Previous

Return to General