To anyone who enjoys UFC!

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

To anyone who enjoys UFC!

Postby Climbing4life » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:54 pm

UFC`s welterweight title has come to canada (montreal to be exact) George St.Pierre defeated Matt Hughes for the title saturday (hughes has only been beat twice , once by GSP) another victory for canada!!!!!! :D
"Death was Nature's way of telling you to slow down."
-- Terry Pratchett (Strata, 1981)
Climbing4life

Postby granite_grrl » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:08 pm

You mean Ultimate Fight Cats?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub4nR5UdqzE
granite_grrl

Postby dcentral » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:44 pm

Ahhh he's lost 5 times, and the only time in recent history was two years ago when he lost to BJ Penn.

He beat GSP the last time they fought.

I'm totally stoked the GSP won. He had the right game plan to beat hughes.
dcentral

oh ya

Postby Climbing4life » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:57 am

did u see the face to face in the first fight (GSP vs Hughes) he couldn`t even look him in the face.

this time i couldn`t belive how well GSP picked hughes apart like a lil (content moderated)
Climbing4life

Postby dcentral » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:47 pm

Georges is an incredible athlete. He certainly stepped up his game and adapted to beat Hughes where hughes was sticking to the same old game plan.

I'll be interesting to see the rematch. It'll be tough to stay on top in that division there are a lot of talented fighters at that weight.
dcentral

gotta love GSP

Postby Climbing4life » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:27 pm

you couldn`t be more right , GSP is crazy thats for sure , i was scared that he was gonna get wommped but he ROLLED him!
rematch will be crazy!
Climbing4life

Postby Graham » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:43 pm

and I'm sure the 2 kicks to Hughs Junior probably helped ol' Georges come out on top. I know that if a professional fighter kicked me in the nuts twice in a row I'd probably lose a bit of focus....
Graham

Postby dcentral » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:50 pm

No that certainly didn't help hughes has had lots of luck in that regard.

Did you see the first time he fought Carlos Newton. Carlos had him in a triangle choke, hughes picks him up off the mat. Walked him across the ring pinned him against the fence.

Then after about a minute they drop to the ground and Carlos gets knocked out when his head hits that mat. The debate is over whether hughes slammed him or carlos choked him out with the triangle choke.

Either way Hughes "woke" up first and won the match. I don't really feel that bad for him if he lost focus. It was his time too loose. Plus he could take all the time in the world to recover if he was really that hurt.
dcentral

Postby The Mitt » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:53 pm

I don't think the second hit got him in the twig and berries. I think it was just a really hard kick that hurt like hell and he needed a breather. Great fight.

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby Climbing4life » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:14 pm

The Mitt wrote:I don't think the second hit got him in the twig and berries. I think it was just a really hard kick that hurt like hell and he needed a breather. Great fight.

Mitt

i think your right , cause if u think abou it if GSP kick you in the family jewels , even with a cup u`d go down. i think he was scared.
i`m soo glad to see the title come to canada thought !!!! all riiiiiiiight :lol:
Climbing4life

Postby dcentral » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:28 pm

Carlos Newton who is Canadian beat Pat Militech (Hughes Coach) to win the same belt. Then he lost it later on to Hughes.

I was a great fight. I don't really think Hughes was scared. He's fought so much, and had beat Georges already. If anything he probably was a little over confident and too relaxed.
dcentral

Good call

Postby Climbing4life » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:04 am

dcentral wrote:Carlos Newton who is Canadian beat Pat Militech (Hughes Coach) to win the same belt. Then he lost it later on to Hughes.

I was a great fight. I don't really think Hughes was scared. He's fought so much, and had beat Georges already. If anything he probably was a little over confident and too relaxed.

true true , thats a good call , he was over confident , didn`t expect GSP to pick him apart soo bad.
Climbing4life

Postby dcentral » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:50 pm

I think Hughes likes to save his energy for the later rounds and you are right Georges stepped up and took it to him right away instead of waiting.
dcentral

Return to General