Merry Christmas!!!

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Merry Christmas!!!

Postby chossmonkey » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:09 am

Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays to everyone! :D

Lets hear what everyone got for new gear! :mrgreen:
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby PeterA » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:36 am

I got an ice screw :D

happy holidays
PeterA

Postby granite_grrl » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:15 pm

PeterA wrote:I got an ice screw :D

happy holidays

Hey, me too!

Also as ice climbing gear I got a freshette :oops: . Which means no more bearing my ass to the elements when nature calls. :D

Of course my parents were not so keen on getting me anything to do with climbing after my accident, but that's where a good husband comes in. He's was very good at getting my goodies this year.
granite_grrl

Postby chossmonkey » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:12 pm

granite_grrl wrote:
PeterA wrote:I got an ice screw :D

happy holidays

Hey, me too!

Also as ice climbing gear I got a freshette :oops: . Which means no more bearing my ass to the elements when nature calls. :D

Of course my parents were not so keen on getting me anything to do with climbing after my accident, but that's where a good husband comes in. He's was very good at getting my goodies this year.

She got two long screws and a set of nuts. :mrgreen:

Get your minds out of the gutter, it was two 20cm Grivel 360's, and a new set of BD Stoppers. :roll:
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Murph » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:31 pm

i got a new harness... a quick draw and some MEC Gore-Tex pants, and some other stuff thanks annie!!
-"Why do this instead of a 5.13 sport climb?"
-"Cause this is way more bitch!n'"
Matt Segal, The sharp end
Murph

Postby szymiec » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:52 am

I got drunk and stoned and woke up north India for Christmas.
szymiec

Postby Andrew » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:01 am

I got a 'Climbmagazine' which was purchased in Scotland. I should have fun reading it. So far the pictures are great in this Mag. I was also given a calander which has various climbing photos and other extreme sports on it.

Nothing else was climbing related.

Andrew
Andrew

Postby *Chris* » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:14 pm

I got "Freedom of the hills - 7th ed". Great book. Now if I only had some crevasses to get myself stuck in...
*Chris*

Postby chossmonkey » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:56 am

I get to go try out my new shell on some ice today!
chossmonkey

Postby Mountain_Marc » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:28 am

chossmonkey wrote:I get to go try out my new shell on some ice today!

Where? There is quite the lack of ice in Ontario these days. :cry:
"You can't practice to be miserable. You're either good at it or you aren't."

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Postby granite_grrl » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:53 pm

Mountain_Marc wrote:

He and our friend Brent drove up to Thunderbay yesterday. I'm hoping to hear from Nathan tonight and (hopfully!) hear about their day on ice.
granite_grrl

Postby martha » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:11 pm

I got a pair of Grivel Rambo Crampons and some chalk!

Fred got some holds for the woodie, some chalk and some bolts.

we got some camping related stuff and I also got lots of girly things. :) i had a great Santa this year. :)

Marie-France had an awesome first Christmas. She got super spoiled by all the grand parents and aunts/uncles etc!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Climbing4life » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:42 pm

I got a sweet mec pack with a 3l source hydration system in it.
its sweet .
an i`m getting new shoes from me to me .
alllllllllll riiiiiiiiiight

cheers C4L
"Death was Nature's way of telling you to slow down."
-- Terry Pratchett (Strata, 1981)
Climbing4life

Postby chossmonkey » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:33 pm

What about the Quarks Martha! :?
chossmonkey

Postby chossmonkey » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:38 pm

granite_grrl wrote:
Mountain_Marc wrote:

He and our friend Brent drove up to Thunderbay yesterday. I'm hoping to hear from Nathan tonight and (hopfully!) hear about their day on ice.

We only got to do one route today. :evil:

It was a pretty good route and I got to lead it but it was the only one to be had around Thunder Bay. There is hardly any snow so there is no melt water to form stuff up.

Tomorrow and the rest of the trip we will have to go up to Nipigon where stuff is much further along.
chossmonkey

Postby martha » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:35 pm

chossmonkey wrote:What about the Quarks Martha! :?

ugg. it was a total cluster F&&& with buying Ulysse's and thus I am still Quarkless.....

hopefully some will pop up on the gear swap soon!

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby PeterA » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:46 pm

got some late christmas gifts.

I got a #2 wild country friend and a plane ticket to Joshua Tree :D
PeterA

Postby Ropeguy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:55 pm

Hey GG...Little story for you about a freshette :lol: The wife bought one 2 years ago becasue Denise had one, One freezing cold day at waterfall wall little Mrs Amy decided to try out the new funnel , in midstream she hollered to Ben and I that she was now just like one of the guys with her new plastic weiner :roll: as she started to wave her plastic weiner around in circles along with her hips she didn't give to much thought to the fact that the freezing temp's were a result of high winds, Not normally a problem unless you have your gloves clipped to your wristcuff :lol: :lol: turns out that when she put her glove back on she was in for a little suprise,,,a very wet inner-liner with a unrine like odour and yellowish color..ha !! :lol: :D
Ropeguy

Postby granite_grrl » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:58 pm

Climbing4life wrote:I got a sweet mec pack with a 3l source hydration system in it.
its sweet .
an i`m getting new shoes from me to me .
alllllllllll riiiiiiiiiight

cheers C4L

Couldn't con anyone else into buying the shoes for you, eh? :lol:

So what did you get? Or have you not decided yet?
granite_grrl

Postby granite_grrl » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:02 pm

Ropeguy wrote:Hey GG...Little story for you about a freshette :lol: The wife bought one 2 years ago becasue Denise had one, One freezing cold day at waterfall wall little Mrs Amy decided to try out the new funnel , in midstream she hollered to Ben and I that she was now just like one of the guys with her new plastic weiner :roll: as she started to wave her plastic weiner around in circles along with her hips she didn't give to much thought to the fact that the freezing temp's were a result of high winds, Not normally a problem unless you have your gloves clipped to your wristcuff :lol: :lol: turns out that when she put her glove back on she was in for a little suprise,,,a very wet inner-liner with a unrine like odour and yellowish color..ha !! :lol: :D

:(
That had to have sucked. You gotta give girls some slack when peeing with a freshette, you guys have had yours since day one, so I'm going to assume that it'll take some practice to get my technique down.

I can't wait to write my name in the snow though! :D
granite_grrl

Postby Fred » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:16 am

I've seen a girl pee off the end of a large boulder in Kamou like one of the boys. It was so weird... my buddy Louis had to shoot while I was climbing to check out the circus act. Shorts pulled down to thighs, no bent knees and hardly any arch in back. Try that girls...
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby martha » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:04 pm

granite_grrl wrote::(
That had to have sucked. You gotta give girls some slack when peeing with a freshette, you guys have had yours since day one, so I'm going to assume that it'll take some practice to get my technique down.

i've heard that most chicks practice with the freshette or peeing standing up in the shower to get the techniques down so that they don't make a mess when really using it.

I wear all zip crotch pants in the winter. Zip crotch long johns, zip fleece pants and zip gortex shell. I don't have to pull anything down or bare anything. Just 'ZZIIIIIPPPP' and pee. Fred has a harder time getting ready to pee than I do. I don't have to undo my harness or anything. No freshette necessary. I don't really have to squat either. Just spread em' a bit. hahhaha.

i actually find going potty in the winter easier than in the summer because of all the zippers!

martha

Postby chossmonkey » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:38 pm

Ropeguy wrote:Hey GG...Little story for you about a freshette :lol: The wife bought one 2 years ago becasue Denise had one, One freezing cold day at waterfall wall little Mrs Amy decided to try out the new funnel , in midstream she hollered to Ben and I that she was now just like one of the guys with her new plastic weiner :roll: as she started to wave her plastic weiner around in circles along with her hips she didn't give to much thought to the fact that the freezing temp's were a result of high winds, Not normally a problem unless you have your gloves clipped to your wristcuff :lol: :lol: turns out that when she put her glove back on she was in for a little suprise,,,a very wet inner-liner with a unrine like odour and yellowish color..ha !! :lol: :D

That's funny. :D

I've been trying to coach her a little. I have warned her about the vaccume that is created if you keep your back flat into a strong wind. :lol:
chossmonkey

Postby chossmonkey » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:41 pm

granite_grrl wrote:I can't wait to write my name in the snow though! :D

At the rate this winter is going it won't be anytime soon. :?
chossmonkey

Postby dcentral » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:24 pm

SRSLY Most Disturbing Christmas Thread eva!!

Shouldn't this belong in the pay section of the site or something.
dcentral

Postby granite_grrl » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:48 pm

dcentral wrote:SRSLY Most Disturbing Christmas Thread eva!!

Shouldn't this belong in the pay section of the site or something.

Common, its just peeing. Every body does it. :P

Hey Cara, did you sew the zippers into your pants, or were you actually able to buy them pre zip-crotch? My shells and expidation weight long underware already are already zippered, but I don't really want to replace my other long underwear or fleece pants.
granite_grrl

Postby martha » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:36 pm

Rebecca,

MEC carries long johns in a zipper crotch as well as fleece pants.

They are mid weight.

Cheers.

Cara

martha

Postby chossmonkey » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:23 am

Mountain_Marc wrote:

Head to Nipigon young man, head to Nipigon! :D

Thunder Bay is a waste of time, as there is no ice there, but things are coming along further north around Orient Bay and Kama Bay. With good roads it is probably just over 12 hours to Nipi from Toronto. It took us 14.5 from St. Catharines to T-Bay.
chossmonkey

Postby Matt Peck » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:57 pm

Gawd. I knew the zip crotch comments would start sooner or later. Gettin old....
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Postby martha » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:25 am

Matt Peck wrote:Gawd. I knew the zip crotch comments would start sooner or later. Gettin old....

Hey! It was in context! You can't talk about chicks peeing in the woods without talking about zip crotch pants. Goes hand in hand you know....

martha

Return to General