climbing dvd's

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

climbing dvd's

Postby Scooter » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:53 pm

Just picked up Dosage 4 and Specimen. Dosage 4 kicks ass, worth every penny. Specimen, however, is by far the worst climbing dvd I have ever seen. If you want to get stoked to send, don't buy this one. No wonder is was only $18.50

Just thought I'd put the word out.

Merry sending.
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby chossmonkey » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:55 am

In an effort to promote Specimen, Urban Climber has a free copy of Friction Addiction in their Dec/Jan issue. I think it would be worth the $12.99 and the embarassment of buying U.C.

Not that I would by U.C. :oops: , but my sister-in-law gave me a copy of it as part of my Christmas present. I was really excited to get the DVD, my friend Curt is in it climbing one of the routes.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Fred » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:13 pm

is that U.C. Friction Adiction a CD or DVD. It wouldn't play in my DVD player for TV. I guess I should have tried it on my PC though.

We tried out U.C. for a year. We've since canceled our subscription. It's one of the most contrived and crappy mags out there in my opinion.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby chossmonkey » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:23 pm

Fred wrote:is that U.C. Friction Adiction a CD or DVD. It wouldn't play in my DVD player for TV. I guess I should have tried it on my PC though.

We tried out U.C. for a year. We've since canceled our subscription. It's one of the most contrived and crappy mags out there in my opinion.

I've only tried it on our computer. I haven't tried it on a regular DVD player though.

I took a look at U.C. way back when it first came out while at a book store, I can't say it ever really caught my eye. It was a little more like getting sawdust or dirt in my eye. :lol:
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby chossmonkey » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:54 pm

We just finished watching Friction Addiction. We played it on our PS2 as we don't have a real DVD player.
chossmonkey

Return to General