Festi Glace Trip

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Festi Glace Trip

Postby Graham » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:01 pm

Just a heads up, I'll be heading up to Quebec for this years Festi Glace. I'll probably have room for a couple of ppl if some one is looking for a ride. PM me if you're interested. We'll be leaving Fredericton early on the 16th and probably coming home late sunday night/very early monday morning.
Graham

Postby Fred » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:04 pm

are you planning on climbing or watching? I'm only asking because I know I was major disapointed when I went two years ago. I thought I was going to get to do some climbing but it's virtualy impossible. Way too many people and all the good flows/routes are reserved for the pros. Not to mention I couldn't even TR most of the stuff.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Graham » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:42 am

I'm going to take one of the courses, probably on saturday. So that will put me on some ice for a bit(and with any luck show me how to not kill myself leading). I'd like to do both, climbing and watching, I've never been to something like this before so it will be nice to see what it'll be like. Thanks for the heads up though.
Graham

Postby granite_grrl » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:48 am

What are the classes like? I was going to head down last year with a friend, but all the classes we were interested in were already sold out, so we never got there.

Not that I'm honestly thinking of going this year, but it is something that intrigues me.
granite_grrl

Postby martha » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:37 pm

I didn't do any of the classes but I took part in the 'speed climbing' event for amatures. It was a hoot. There were only 3 chicks in the whole thing. I think I came 15th-ish over all out of about 30 climbers. I was stoked. It was on the famous 'le tube' a grade 5 ice. I would go to watch the other clibmers do their impressive moves for one afternoon but plan on climbing elsewhere, like perhaps Chutes Momo... which are a ton of fun and really moderately graded.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby mathieu » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:33 pm

Momerency could be a challenge for someone about to take a leaders course to "not kill myself leading". But I think the Left most line is about 60 m and you can scramble to the top just to the side of it.
mathieu

Return to General