Anyone going on a road trip on Easter long weekend?

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Postby Mountain_Marc » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:59 pm

Once again, I'm going to try and head south to either New River Gorge of Red River Gorge.

Just need to find partners! Last year I was SOL and it's starting to look the same this year :(
"You can't practice to be miserable. You're either good at it or you aren't."

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:18 pm

I was thinking of joining the Toronto section of the ACC down at the RRG (mostly because I'm assuming I'll only have to TR and TR belay if I go out with a group like that). I might also ask my polish friend if we could get a group of three to go down.

I'm finding that I have to climb differently for the moment, I can't move quite the same way I could before. I'm also very nervous about falling. I'm going to do a few more trips to the gym and then decide if it'll be worth while to drive all that way to climb.

One of these days I have to head to the NRG, its surprizing how few places I've actually climbed at in the East when I think about it.
granite_grrl

Postby Fred » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:35 am

the pizza and Ale8 are worth the trip ;)
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby granite_grrl » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:14 pm

Fred wrote:the pizza and Ale8 are worth the trip ;)

Not if you can't enjoy the climbing.
granite_grrl

Postby szymiec » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:29 pm

Skiing into the Twins to climb North Twin & Twins Tower. Then if time and weather permits we will ski up Snow Dome and Kitchener on the way out.

Right now there are 5 of us going.

Any Alberta kids in here these days?

Chris
szymiec

Postby chossmonkey » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:06 pm

szymiec wrote:Skiing into the Twins to climb North Twin & Twins Tower. Then if time and weather permits we will ski up Snow Dome and Kitchener on the way out.

Right now there are 5 of us going.

Any Alberta kids in here these days?

Chris

Didn't you just break your pelvis?!?! :shock:
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby szymiec » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:57 am

I suppose i did. Well, im back on my feet for the first time today. Walking with a ski pole. Yay!

These are pretty easy mountains as well.

Lots of yoga, beer, tofu and double cheese burgers goes a long way towards recovery.

yeah yeah
szymiec

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:24 am

I have to assume that you didn't break your pelvis in multiple places, they didn't allow me to full weigt bear for months after my accident! Its better that you're up and moving around, my muscles atrophied so much.....I still can't seem to get rid of the cane.

Oh, but treking poles (or maybe ski poles) will be your friend.

So I'm really getting my head into going to KY over easter. Marc, if you head that way and see some girl walking around Miguels with a cane, some over and say hi! I've still got a lot to work on at the gym and I won't be able to do anything mut TR, but it'll be nice to actually go on a trip again (I miss being able to go on trips!).
granite_grrl

Postby chossmonkey » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:18 am

granite_grrl wrote:So I'm really getting my head into going to KY over easter. Marc, if you head that way and see some girl walking around Miguels with a cane, some over and say hi! I've still got a lot to work on at the gym and I won't be able to do anything mut TR, but it'll be nice to actually go on a trip again (I miss being able to go on trips!).

:D

It makes me REALLY happy to see you getting psyched again!!!! :mrgreen:
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Mountain_Marc » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:36 am

granite_grrl wrote:Marc, if you head that way and see some girl walking around Miguels with a cane, some over and say hi! I've still got a lot to work on at the gym and I won't be able to do anything mut TR, but it'll be nice to actually go on a trip again (I miss being able to go on trips!).

The way it's looking now I think i'll be at New River Gorge. You should head there, it's even a shorter drive for you. :wink: If you're there and I see you, i'll drag you out for some TR action.
"You can't practice to be miserable. You're either good at it or you aren't."

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:20 am

Mountain_Marc wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:Marc, if you head that way and see some girl walking around Miguels with a cane, some over and say hi! I've still got a lot to work on at the gym and I won't be able to do anything mut TR, but it'll be nice to actually go on a trip again (I miss being able to go on trips!).

The way it's looking now I think i'll be at New River Gorge. You should head there, it's even a shorter drive for you. :wink: If you're there and I see you, i'll drag you out for some TR action.

Usually we keep an eye on the weather and head to where it looks more promising....so I've eneded up at the RRG the last two years. I will also admit I love the stuff you can get on the pizza there too. Maybe I can take some time off and head to the NRG some other time this spring.
granite_grrl

Postby szymiec » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:38 pm

No it broke in 3 places alright. I saw the x-ray and felt the shifting. I didnt need surgery or any metal work done so i am assuming that that makes a huge difference. Also, ive been working hard doing my yogasanas as much as possible. This is HUGE in the recovery process. I cant recommend it enough.

c
szymiec

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:13 pm

Wow, my pelvis was broken in two places. They told me it was an unstable fracture and kept me off my left for over 2 months, then it was gradual weight bearing. I also didn't have surgery or hardware (well, for the pelvis at least). Don't know if it was difference in doctors or what, but there are certainly people in the health care industry that are more hssitant than others.

I've been doing yoga for the past few months now, and it does make a huge difference. I wish I had been more active in my early days of injury, but they had me very drugged up in the hospital and even when I finally got out it still hurt a fair bit.

Its now taking me so long to get back.
granite_grrl

Return to General