community website

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

community website

Postby Scooter » Wed May 02, 2007 11:28 am

I've been thinking lately about a climbing website, a community one, moderated by someone where climbers in atlantic canada can send in photos, and a little blog/ writeup to go with it for others to view. THese would be edited to ensure that they are appropriate for viewing and such.
That way there the climbing community can see whats happening all over atlantic canada, and it doesnt just revolv around a few climbers.
which you cant really do on the message board.

I have no idea how to create such a webste but i'd be willing to be the moderator/ editor or whatever, or maybe a group of people could help out a little (CNS?)

Maybe it would be a good idea for an existing site to add this function somehow? I dunno.

What are your thoughts?
Scott.R
Scooter

Postby szymiec » Wed May 02, 2007 1:49 pm

Well this site is pretty decent and seems to fulfill the majority of things you are looking for. I strongly disagree however with the level of censorship and forum moderation on climb eastern canada. I live in Alberta now and i come back here to see friends posts and talk about climbing. Its just too bad that the site admin sees fit to judge what should and should not be said under the guise of protecting everyones feelings.

I can understand about deleting spam and fake posts but to remove someones opinion because it is not conducive to ideals of the site admin is just plain Machiavellian. Free speech is a right that can not be infringed upon by someone with the right access privileges.

I hope someone can read this before it gets deleted or this thread is locked.

blah
szymiec

Postby Fred » Wed May 02, 2007 4:40 pm

Szymiec,

please keep in mind that the site admin pays to keep this 'private' website running.

cheers
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby szymiec » Wed May 02, 2007 9:33 pm

touche.
szymiec

Postby Ken P » Thu May 03, 2007 7:30 am

get a blog :shock:
Ken P

Return to General