damned holidays

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

damned holidays

Postby martha » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:52 pm

Okay, this DOES have to do with climbing. MY climbing.

my intake of mini-eggs over the last week or so is a problem. I wouldn't be surprised if I got out of bed tomorrow with a candy coated pink shell all around me.

If this stupid holiday isn't over with soon, I won't be able to get my mini egg a$$ off the ground when it is warm enough for rock!

Does anyone else have any addiction to holiday candy?

:cry: :cry:
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby The Teth » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:40 pm

What holiday? When? Have I not been paying close enough attention to the TV commercials? Should I be expecting a day off soon? That could have climbing implications.

My addiction is to nuts. Hazel nuts I can put down, but most other nuts seem to have an addictive property. I knew I had a problem in College when I found myself hiking a mile through a blizzard just to buy a can of nuts because I had run out. Almonds, peanuts, pecans, cashews... I had to stop cold turkey. My rule is only nuts as part of another food. It is only recently I have found that Hazel nuts do not seem to be as addictive. Strange since I like hazel nuts better than several of the other more addictive ones.

Strange too that of all the things I have tried, the only thing I have an addiction to is nuts. What does that say about me?

The Teth
The Teth

Postby martha » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:53 pm

perhaps you are nuts?

does that make me a mini egg?

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby excited newbie » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:17 pm

nuts eh? thats new one. I can understand mini eggs though, man, I think they put heroine in the chocolate these days, I find myself eating half a bag of chocolate chips becasue Im to stingy to go buy a chocoalte bar. I need to stop though, its making me sluggish. I should find a new addicton, fiddleheads??
excited newbie

Postby martha » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:30 pm

oh yes, fiddle head season is fast approching!!

and then strawberry season, and then corn season, and then apple season...and then..and then...

martha

Postby excited newbie » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:14 pm

I know!! And Im here in Alberta. I dont think these people can even spell fiddlehead. (joking) I cant wait to come home again for fiddleheads and some good ole maritime maple syrup...another addiction of mine.
excited newbie

Postby mitchleblanc » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:27 pm

martha wrote:...and then apple season...

Apple season!? That's reaching.
Bouldering is a dish best served cold.
mitchleblanc

Postby martha » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:44 pm

mitchleblanc wrote:
martha wrote:...and then apple season...

Apple season!? That's reaching.

When you grow up in the Annapolis Valley.....home of the apple blossom festival, and more apple growers than the rest of the maritimes......believe me.... There IS an apple season .

:D :D

martha

Return to General