Scotland Pics

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Scotland Pics

Postby Graham » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:05 pm

A few pics from my Scotland trip. Great time, lots of sun shine, but alas as always, way too short. The pics are not that great, mostly taken with an old cannon Powershot on the fly.
Graham

Postby Graham » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:44 pm

I suppose a link may be helpful eh?

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z64/theazores/
Graham

Postby Richard Eh! » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:06 pm

Looks like an awesome trip, Graham :!: What kind of rock?
If'n ya think ya can, ya can! If'n ya think ya can't, yer right....!
Richard Eh!

Postby Graham » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:53 pm

They pretty much have everything. You drive 2 hours and you can be at sand stone sea cliffs, or old volcanic basalt(I think) road side craigs. But most of the mountain routes are on granite.
Graham

Postby waterat » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:57 am

Glad you got some good days out on the hill there...too bad we never met up...that offshore working gig can really suck at times.... won't be too hard on you for the poor spelling either...lol...What did you get done on Buchaille Etive Mor then ?... cheers...
waterat

Postby Graham » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:43 pm

Glad you got some good days out on the hill there...too bad we never met up...that offshore working gig can really suck at times.... won't be too hard on you for the poor spelling either...lol...What did you get done on Buchaille Etive Mor then ?...

Yeah, that kind of sucks. I always have an issue with the spelling of those blasted mountains. All I really picked up was that bh is pronounced as V. Not too sure what route we did. We went out with every intention of climbing on the North east buttress, not sure of the route but it was graded as a VS. Unfortunately we couldn't find the route so we just picked whatever looked climbable and made our way up from there. All round good day though. If you get the chance, Ardverichy wall is one of the nicest S to VS range climbs I've ever done. It's 5 pitches of solid climbing. Highly recommended.
Graham

Return to General