How many ice climbers does it take to screw in a lightbulb??

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

How many ice climbers does it take to screw in a lightbulb??

Postby Ringy McRing » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:42 am

4, 1 to screw it in, 1 to yell pointless even misleading statements such as "you da man" or "don't worry I've got you on belay". And 2 to argue over 'style'.

or

If you refer to ice climbers on this board the 2 would be arguing over 'opinions' such as military VS non military, thread locking, moderator censorship, 'hindsight' climbing safety tips, and scallopp fishery practice.

[Insert Smily face here to let everyone know ITS A JOKE]
:lol: :lol:
Ringy McRing

Postby Fred » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:45 am

coward

I can say that right? since I'm not bashing anyone.

sign ur name
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Signed dated and posted

Postby mathieu » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:56 am

I was gonna post under my name but then I figured I would of have to added the 'not take anything seriously from people who sign in as guest'.

Mathieu
mathieu

Postby The Teth » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:08 pm

Fred:

Chill man. If no one gets crapped on the board is not half as entertaining. Everyone has to take their turn. This week its ours.

The Teth
The Teth

Postby rendog » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:37 pm

how many alpinists does it take to screw in a light bulb?

only one, but he just has to hold onto the bulb since the entire world revolves around him
if you look like your passport photo, then you probably need the vacation
rendog

Postby excited newbie » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:11 pm

Thats low, ive met a few cool alpinists in my day. There seems to be some secret hatred between climbers and alpinists though, am I right? Lets be honest here folks.
excited newbie

Postby The Teth » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:35 pm

Good one! There are enough alpinists and rock climbers on this forum to give Trackstar reading material through the end of the week. Personally I have the same opinion of Alpinists as I have for Newfoundlanders: I have the upmost respect and admiration for their ability to survive in such a harsh and unforgiving environment, but I have no interest in experiencing those extreme conditions for my self. When my friend Rob came back after almost dying on Everest he gave a slide show. After hearing him talk and seeing the pictures I decided that I would not want to go any farther than base camp. His comment was that although his friend lost a few fingers, it was a successful expedition since everyone came back alive. It is not for me, but he loves it, and I respect that.

In case any of you are wondering, Rob is a professional mountaineer, not one of those guided toriest. Although he is American, he was climbing with a Canadian expedition climbing Everest to clean up trash. They brought down thousands of oxygen bottles. Rob has made two more attempts at Everest since then. I do not think he has summitted yet, but last I heard he was still alive, so I guess that makes him a successful mountaineer.

The Teth
The Teth

Postby rendog » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:22 pm

excited newbie wrote:Thats low, ive met a few cool alpinists in my day. There seems to be some secret hatred between climbers and alpinists though, am I right? Lets be honest here folks.

hey nOOb...

I am an alpinist so stfu. it was a J O K E !
rendog

Joke

Postby peter » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:41 pm

Now, when I was a boy, all climbers were alpinists, and all alpinists were climbers, and there wasn't nothing funny about it, not neither! Peter
peter

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:54 pm

Fred wrote:coward

sign ur name

sure you can say that... who's going to moderate the 'man'... :roll: ...just don't go crying when somebody calls you something applicable... ie., moron...

Postby martha » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:25 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Fred wrote:coward

sign ur name

sure you can say that... who's going to moderate the 'man'... :roll: ...just don't go crying when somebody calls you something applicable... ie., moron...

The funny thing Mr. Guest is that your IP shows up as 'guest' and also as 23 other posts by a member named 'Adam'.

All IP's show up, and many are re-used and all linked to registered members or others who have posted. Careful when you post as 'guest'. we can track and see more than you think.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby mathieu » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:10 pm

excited newbie wrote:Thats low, ive met a few cool alpinists in my day. There seems to be some secret hatred between climbers and alpinists though, am I right? Lets be honest here folks.

Yes, there is a secret hatred between climbers and alpinists. Sometimes I hate myself for going pulling on plastic while its sunny outside and other times I'm cursing myself while descending in the dark and not looking forward to the 3 mile hike back to the car.

Is there any way we can add a sarcasm meter next to each post so that we can know the intention of a post ie joke vs serious. I know i'd crank it to 11 even though the dial would just go to 10, I would still crank it to 11 because its one higher.

And to quote Spinal Tap one more time: "It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever"
mathieu

Postby Ropeguy » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:13 pm

This looks like a fun game!!!

Ok inspector gadget.............Who am I????? 8)
Ropeguy

Postby Ropeguy » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:14 pm

Damn it!!! I didn't sign out!!!! :D
Ropeguy

Postby mitchleblanc » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:15 pm

LOL
Bouldering is a dish best served cold.
mitchleblanc

Postby dcentral » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:33 pm

pwnd
dcentral

Postby dcentral's_fake_account » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:39 pm

Guess who I am?? :?:
dcentral's_fake_account

Postby climberwannabe » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:26 am

I'd be up for a sarcasm meter. It may as well goto 11 though, cause this is how I live my life: 11 on the sarcasm meter.
Mother nature: 1, climberwannabe: 0
climberwannabe

Postby dcentral » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:37 am

How about a flaming battery meter system.

dcentral

Postby tracstarr » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:34 am

you're right Teeth, i mean Teth (it's traCStarr). I've been midly entertained for my morning sittin in the office. Hope everyone can help keep it going! This week has just been a flurry of activity... more reading than I've done in years.
tracstarr

Postby rendog » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:27 am

you must never abuse your power for fun or prfofit grasshopper san...

Idle curiosity and if someone's being an ass sure.

rendog

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:52 pm

martha wrote:The funny thing Mr. Guest is that your IP shows up as 'guest' and also as 23 other posts by a member named 'Adam'.

All IP's show up, and many are re-used and all linked to registered members or others who have posted. Careful when you post as 'guest'. we can track and see more than you think.

oh dear... did i forget to log in... oh well... my point still stands...

be careful? why? you gonna lay down the law or something?? gimme a break. :roll:

Return to General