never know who you're going to meet in CB...

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

never know who you're going to meet in CB...

Postby jibs » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:51 am

I got talking to a retired fellow and his wife yesterday who were driving around the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton... from California. I said I'd visited Joshua Tree - they asked me if I climbed... then they said - "oh, maybe you know our son - John Bachar"... !!

Kind of cool - very nice folks - said they're very proud of John. Told me to keep climbing, "but use ropes, alright?!"

They also told me the sad news about Michael Reardon - caught by a rouge wave at the base of a cliff in Ireland, pulled out to sea and presumed dead.

I'm in Cape-land until August 8th - come on up!

Jamie
jibs

Postby martha » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:29 pm

Wow! that is really cool. :) yes, please use ropes!! :)
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Fred » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:30 pm

and that means good ropes Jamie not the old retired ones we gave you to tie up your cannoe. :wink:
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby jibs » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:58 pm

that was a good rope... 8) but not quite as good as the one that Rob and Tracy gave me to replace it... and not nearly as good as the brand new one I got from the insurance money when the R&T rope got stolen! :D

Fred and Cara - you folks should come on up to the Cape...

Jamie
jibs

Postby granite_grrl » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:50 am

Yeah, the climbing community of people who actually get out a lot and travel to climb is actually pretty small. You get out enough you meet and sometimes even climb with a lot of famous climbers.

Actually, the biggest coincidence I've had was meeting a girl down at Hueco who lived 1/2 hour away from where I was moving to at the time (near Buffalo, NY, and I'm living in St. Catharines now). During the time I lived in the states I actually lived in the same town...and yet I had to go all the way to texas to meet her. Go figure.
granite_grrl

Postby martha » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:19 am

jibs wrote:
Fred and Cara - you folks should come on up to the Cape...

Jamie

Man, I'd love to, but 8 hours in a car with a toddler for 2 days of play time in CB isn't a very good trade off. I love CB though. lots to see and do...but it needs more than just a day or two. :)
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Return to General