What are peeps doing for Easter weekend?

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

What are peeps doing for Easter weekend?

Postby Mountain_Marc » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:12 am

I wanted to ice climb but that's a no go so I decided to make the 12 hour marathon drive to New River Gorge in West Virginia.

Should be a good weekend to get out on some Southern rock.

What is everyone else doing?
"You can't practice to be miserable. You're either good at it or you aren't."

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Postby mitchleblanc » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:30 am

Sounds awesome man. I remember the trips to New River gorge.. now that is some fun stuff. I'll be bouldering in Frontline! Anyone care to join? I should really get out of the city but... oh well, city bouldering will do.
Bouldering is a dish best served cold.
mitchleblanc

Postby martha » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:45 am

I'll be climbing in Welsford tomorrow with some of the boys from Freddy. Saturday..working. blah.

Sunday/Monday more climbing. not sure where yet. Might go scout out some new boulders or might go back to welsford.

Heck, if it is cold enough on sunday, I might even head back into Parlee for a final day of ice!! A few friends from NS are heading there to climb/camp this weekend so I might meet them there on Sunday for the day.

In any case, it will be a weekend of climbing. then in the evenings, if I'm lucky a few beers, and some house work.

:)
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby granite_grrl » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:17 am

I'm off to the Red River Gorge tonight, but the weather doesn't look too promising for the weekend :(. The only good I can see of that is that the crags shouldn't be as crowded.

I'm going to take a look at weather conditions at the New, if the weather really craps out on us at the Red then we may head over there (me and everyone else!). That, or drink beer at Miguels. Both viable options.

Rebecca
granite_grrl

Postby jeremy » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:50 pm

A trip to the new is not complete without going to summersville lake, just 20 min up the road.... amazing sport climbing (leave your cams at the new)

dr topo has a guide I think

I'll be in parlee wack wack.....

jeremy
jeremy

Postby dcentral » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:58 pm

I'll probably take it easy out here.

I just did a bike ride/hike over in Olympic National Park in Washington state. It was really awsome. Camped at this alpine lake at around 4100 feet in 6 inches of snow.

Next time we'll take a car so we can get to the higher campsites with out the grueling 5 mile bike up 2000 feet first.
dcentral

Postby rendog » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:32 pm

well i was going to go climbing, but instead i get to replace the motor in my car, blew it the other day when the intake manifold gasket let go and dumped whole bunch of antifreeze into my oil.

it's going to be so much more fun than actually go out and getting on some rock, or hell even pulling down on some plastic.
NOT!

wish i could go climbing
if you look like your passport photo, then you probably need the vacation
rendog

Return to General