Roadtrip!

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Roadtrip!

Postby rendog » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:12 am

so here's the deal:

hopefully i can get a new motor put in my car by the end of the month. I blew my old one when the intake manifold gasket blew out and leaked antifreeze into my oil.

I leave Mar 30th for Colorado to pick up the girl, i can't wait man, 3 weeks of phone sex just isn't doing it any more

then head down to Gunnison to hook up with my photographer Mike.

SW Utah (Zion area) for 3 days of canyoneering for the camera (gotta love free gear! I'll do what i can to get some free swag form these guys...montrail approach shoes D7's, Five Ten canyoneer's, Patagouchi shirts and so forth)

pack everything up and head into California to Joshua Tree. I've organized a gathering down there for RC.com members. gonna be a serious blast, beer, climbing, chicks...climbing chicks drinking beer...

then back to CO for some "quality Time" with the girl, and a break to let the finger tips heal, maybe do a few 14ers, then into Eldo (she lives 45 min away), Rifle, Black Canyon and so on.

finally back up to canada and into squamish for some granite cracks...figure i should be there around the beginning of May ish. afterwards, try to get a real job and make some money to finance my next trip....I'm thinking Iceland for the winter, or maybe Denmark, France, or possibly even Englad to sample Ben Nevis.

AHHHHHH the possibilities
if you look like your passport photo, then you probably need the vacation
rendog

Postby Mountain_Marc » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:03 pm

Sounds like an awesome trip!! Should be good times, good times!

If you ever want to go to Norway to do some ice and are looking for a partner, let me know.

No one I know wants to go to Norway, all want to stay in Ottawa and do ice around there.

Thank god for the Rockies
"You can't practice to be miserable. You're either good at it or you aren't."

"If a wife speaks in the woods, and her husband is not there to hear her...is she still wrong?"
Mountain_Marc

Postby rendog » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:37 pm

yeah well i climbed all over in the rockies, that's where I learned. Don't get me wrond there's still lots there that i'd love to do, but i would love to get over to the Netherlands to sample some of the stuff there. got some friends in Denmark and in Norway that I could hook up with. England too for that matter.
rendog

Re: Roadtrip!

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:50 pm

rendog wrote:or possibly even Englad to sample Ben Nevis.

better head north to scotland if you are looking for ben nevis :P

Postby excited newbie » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:16 pm

Im doing Ben Nevis this summer. Its gonna be amazing...thats if i can find some money and get some gear but those are minor details.
excited newbie

Postby rendog » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:54 pm

adam wrote:
rendog wrote:or possibly even Englad to sample Ben Nevis.

better head north to scotland if you are looking for ben nevis :P

meh they all have weird accents and bad teeth...it's all the same
rendog

Rendog's Eurotrip - The Movie

Postby peter » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:54 pm

Sounds like an awesome itinery, Darran. The south-west may never be the same.

If anyone wants to climb in Europe, anywhere in Europe, on rock, snow or vertical ice, anytime between Sept 01 05 and Sept 01 06, and is serious about making it happen, drop me a line before the end of July at mcmac@hfx.eastlink.ca.

I will be in France with my family and looking for climbing partners. My goals are modest: Scotland, Norway, the Dolomites, and some small Mediterrainean island, as well as the French Alps, but I have 12 months to do it in. I will have a base to operate from (three bedroom house), and can stockpile gear forwarded ahead, to minimize what you need to travel with.

Si vous croyez que vous irez a l'Europe pour l'escalader a l'annee prochaine, faites-le et allons-y! C'est vraiment possible!

Peter
peter

Postby skibabeage » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:20 pm

rendog wrote:I leave Mar 30th for Colorado to pick up the girl, i can't wait man, 3 weeks of phone sex just isn't doing it any more

then head down to Gunnison to hook up with my photographer Mike.

SW Utah (Zion area) for 3 days of canyoneering for the camera (gotta love free gear! I'll do what i can to get some free swag form these guys...montrail approach shoes D7's, Five Ten canyoneer's, Patagouchi shirts and so forth)

pack everything up and head into California to Joshua Tree. I've organized a gathering down there for RC.com members. gonna be a serious blast, beer, climbing, chicks...climbing chicks drinking beer...

then back to CO for some "quality Time" with the girl, and a break to let the finger tips heal, maybe do a few 14ers, then into Eldo (she lives 45 min away), Rifle, Black Canyon and so on.

Hey, all,,

I'm "the girl." Had a great time in J-Tree, back to CO to give ren the time to fix his car. He was broke, so I paid for the last part of the trip AND gave him $320 USD to get him back to Canmore.

What the frig was I thinking.

Dood has disappeared. NO response to my voice mails or emails. Played a really good game while I was useful to him, but now that the next shag is in order, hey, WTF, eh?

So, if anyone knows how to contact this con artist, tell him he owes me $450 USD, and that's getting off easy.

Skibs
skibabeage

Postby martha » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:23 pm

I've got his email and cell phone, but you've got that. that is all I think.

Really sorry to hear that luv. Good luck.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Return to General