Any decent bouldering gyms in Winnipeg?

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Any decent bouldering gyms in Winnipeg?

Postby thicks » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:21 am

Heyyooooo,

so I got stuck going to Winnipeg tomorrow for work, anyone know of any decent places to boulder in the city? I dont really have the option of travelling beyond where a city bus could take me. Ideas? Thx.

I get back late this weekend, anyone interested in climbin on the 23-24?

Oh and Mitch, nice crashpadart. Thought you might like to know it is snowing today in tropical Fredericton.
Tyler
thicks

Postby martha » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:24 am

you mean you get back late next week?

i'll be up for climbing the 23/24. I'm sure Fred and will be in Welsford or St. Andrews. just call us buddy. :)

it will be nice to get outside climbing with you again. it's been years!!!

by the way dude..I got finals route 1 by the cocktail shaker the other day. Time for you to work it a little harder!!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby mitchleblanc » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:47 am

Hey Tyler!

Good to hear from you buddy. I was wondering if you were still around, and what was the dilly yo. Glad you liked the pad!

I have never known anyone to climb in Winnipeg,... Sorry I can't be of help.

Also, I am of the opinion that without a doubt, without any single shred of doubt, Winnipeg is the worst city I have ever visited. Good luck with that. I pray that you bring a bit of sanity to that horrible, Godforsaken place.

Take care brother.
Bouldering is a dish best served cold.
mitchleblanc

Postby granite_grrl » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:02 am

http://www.indoorclimbing.com/manitoba.html

No personal experiance with them though.
granite_grrl

Postby thicks » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:02 pm

Thank you kindly all, I will try to get to Vertical Adventures and check them out. It is that or check out the amazing cable tv in Winnipeg.

Mitch - Ya I left town for a while there, went to Yellowknife for about 2 years. Good times, great people, decent place, but absolutely no decent climbing. Well there is lots of rock but the season is short and the bugs carry you away. Cant have everything I guess.

Martha - I always kinda pictured you as a martha; I think. anyway I get back late on Sunday so I will be in touch next week about some climbering. Good old climbering. Oh ya and is there a modified indoor gym schedual now that exams are on? and do you know if the new exec has organized summer monitors or any such foolishness?

granite_grrl - thanks for the link - I will letcha know how the gym is assuming I make it there.

T
thicks

Return to General