Climbing road trips USA or Abroad.

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Climbing road trips USA or Abroad.

Postby Ulysse » Wed May 20, 2009 1:37 pm

I'm selling insurance on the side for all you climbers out there who needs medical coverage when going to the US or abroad. Works out to be around 2 dollars a day. Can sell to Canadians across the country. Keep in mind for your next road trip. Msg me for details. P.S There's a good chance your current provider has exclusions for "high risk" activities such as climbing.

Hope you guys are having a good season. Keep on crushing.
Email me for more info ulysserichard hotmail com
Ulysse

Re: Climbing road trips USA or Abroad.

Postby Fred » Wed May 20, 2009 1:53 pm

Can you sell life insurance for climbers? :)
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Shawn B » Wed May 20, 2009 3:10 pm

Fred wrote:Can you sell life insurance for climbers? :)

You can get it no problem. The just will be a surcharge for exposure re climbing. Usually will depend on varying factors. Exposure to simply rock/ice climbing usually not as high as high altitude/alpine climbing if you find a company that knows or has a bit of experience/knowledge about climbing. I've been quoted anywhere from 2x's to 5x's. A climbing exclusion has also been offered. That is one good thing about mortgage life insurance...they usually don't ask those types of questions. It is just not a very good policy for the $$ they charge. I've toyed with the idea of a climbing exclusion and then an accidental life insurance policy that doesn't ask lifestyle questions.
Safety third!!!
Shawn B

Postby Ulysse » Wed May 20, 2009 6:18 pm

Yeah just wanted to offer medical insurance since most companies has exclusions for activities considered "high risk" like climbing, or quote high surcharges. The company I deal with does not exclude climbing and does not add a high premium for medical coverage. Just something to consider before you're 20 feet above your last piece of gear in North Conway or Bar Harbor. Hospital expenses can be quite high.
Ulysse

Postby martha » Thu May 21, 2009 7:45 am

I was quoted nearly 100$ per month in premiums for life insurance based on the 'questionnaire' answers that I gave about climbing and if I led, climbed ice etc etc. They told me if I stopped climbing for 1 full year then I could get the 'regular' rate for about $17 per month. hmmm....I should go get it now before I get back at it too many times.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Fred » Thu May 21, 2009 5:05 pm

Shawn: give us a call sometime to discuss. I'd be interested in getting a quote for Cara. For insurance that is, but if the price is right I'll part with her too. ;)
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby martha » Thu May 21, 2009 8:22 pm

I'm just wondering who would do all the laundry if I were gone?
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Return to General