Hood River Org

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Hood River Org

Postby new to NB » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:15 pm

does any one have any information on this area, I will be staying in Hood River from the 9th of Jan till the 19 of March, (ya so most of all the ice climbing season ) I got on to there ,site casade climber .ca and nothing / it like iam ostersized from thr area)
I have asked for info as well as partners, but nothing ...... can any one help me out on the area...... hell I have a free rental as well as gas how can you go wrong?????!!!!!!

can any one give me beta on this area I belive they call it the "columbia river gorge" area
new to NB

Re: Hood River Org

Postby Danno » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:49 am

You're three hours from Smith Rock, one of the best sport destinations in North America. It's cold this time of year, but well climbable in the sun. I can give you beta if you need it.
Danno

Re: Hood River Org

Postby Eager » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:31 pm

Yo,

I'm from NS originally but live in Vancouver WA about an hour from Hood River. The Columbia river gorge is the best ice climbing area in the world that hardly ever freezes. There was a freeze up 2 weeks ago and then the climbs all melted overnight. Not the safest place to be an ice climber. There are opportunities elsewhere in The Washington Cascades and Eastern Washington, Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, BC, Canmore AB is 12hrs drive . PM me when you get in town. Best bet is to bring a snowboard or skis. Mt. Hood gets a lot of snow.
Eager

Return to General