rouhling article...

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

rouhling article...

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:47 pm

decent article on ethics, topend [sport] climbing, and some sweet pics...

http://climbing.com/current/fredrouhling/index.html

Postby Fred » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:54 pm

Interesting signature. :)
"this forum looks strangely familiar..."

Yes Adam. I'm sure you know that phpbb boards are used extensively in the WWW. Mainly because they are as easy as 1,2,3 to set-up. I watched my 10 year old niece put this one together. I think it took her all of 15 minutes. The longest part was waiting for the database to kick in. Now I just have to figure out how to work this complicated thing.

Now back to your original post. I think it's in the french blood. I've seen it in action and it's quite frightning. I climbed a route once (not gona say where) that had drilled pockets and glued holds. Big ONES! and on a 5.6 route. I totally climbed it without them and it wasn't any harder. A damn shame. My favorite quote from that article had to be:

“Of course it is natural.” The glint in Rouhling’s eye gives away the punch line before he says it. “Naturally drilled.”

I'm totally picturing Claude with a beret and baguette and smoke in the corner of his mouth. LOL

The lesson of the day is. Leave it natural for someone else or hit the tredmill and hangboard if you want to send it.

Too funny.
Peace and climb safe.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Return to General