Long day at the office

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Long day at the office

Postby Fred » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:34 pm

Some time ago I made an important discovery about adding cream to your coffee. Simply add the cream before pooring your coffee in the cup and you won't have to search for a stirstick or pen. How do you know how much to add if you can't see the color change you ask?! Well that all comes with experience. Or, you only fill your cup with coffee until you reach the desired mix. But, this only works if you don't put too much cream because the cup will only hold so much coffee. This leads me to today's findings. How hard is it to find a stirstick and how lazzy are you? And what are the consequences? Here's what happened. It was 3:30 mind you. I put the usual amount of cream in my cup and start pumping (thermos type dispenser). All of a sudden after only filling my cup at 1/2 the keg blows. Man! Now what? You can't start taking cream out of the mix. And you can't make a new pot at 3:30 in the afternoon when there's only two people in the office. But had I been smart I could have poored the coffee first and then added 1/2 the amount of cream and still had 1/2 a cup of coffee. Now I have nothing. :evil: I guess I could drink a coffee flavored creamer :shock:
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Hum » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:40 pm

dude...forget about the coffee..

currently it is piss pouring outside in Long Island.. It's cold, i'm wet and I smell...and being the princess that I am.. instead of goin somewheres grabbing a coffee (deciding how much cream to put in) warming up and getting my lazy ass back to work at the landfill.. I have decided to go back to the hotel.. sit down, relax and drink a few beers..

thats what u should be doing too.. fcuk the coffee and grab a beer

Its fri aftenoon.. doit..doit..dooooiiiiiittttt!!!!!!
Hum

Postby Fred » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:42 pm

ohhh poor Jeffy. You need to hit the spa and relax princess. :D
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Hum » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:32 pm

dude.. it was a spa in Manhattan.. 3 blocks from Time's Square...I got pampered..and it was good
Hum

Postby martha » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:48 pm

you bastard.

Princess!!! you told me the spa was only 2 blocks from times square.

wtf?!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby Hum » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:02 pm

I wuz sooo.. out of it when I walked out I had no idea..I was on cloud nine...I actually walked the 15 blocks to Penn station to take the train instead of grabbin a cab like Princess normally would...

so my bad.. it was prob only half a block from Times Square...or right under the Coca-Cola sign .. who knows

I wuz so out of it I thought I was under some sort of influence from a substance that I have never tried and or know about
Hum

Fred I can help you

Postby Ropeguy » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:00 am

Ok Freddyboy.Try this.Your looking at you coffe creamer and it would seem your quite disappointed that you just Fu%ked up your afternoon break.Now knowing that your an EIT I am quite suprised that you could not come up with an engineered solution to your little problem. I'm here to help you and you won't ever need a set of drawings!!!!
I myself have been in this situation and have been able to quickly and effectively solve this problem with some simple mechanical wit and ingenunity.Here we go.......
Grab a big set of bolt cutters and walk outside your office to the big steel fence surrounding your place of employment......Use the bolt cutters to make a hole in the fence big enough to walk through without out causing any kind of damage to anyone's clothes,face, or head(Engineering genius or what)remove the cutawy section so nobody finds it and traces the damage back to you.Why you ask,Well......on the other side of the fence is a Tim Horton's...............Tadaaaaa!!
Now this is the best part.Go back to the office ,have a seat and make sure everyone knows you work your ass off and could use a break.Have one of your employees go and get your coffee for you at the coffee shop next door.Simply tell them it better be what you ordered or they will be in big big trouble with the boss!!!
How much easier can you get!!! You never have to worry about little things like a flowery cup of Java!!! Please note that the hole in the fence was already there and I had nothing really to do with it however you have to admit that that was pretty easy to figure out!!!
Now I have one question.......Why could you not have made another pot of coffee??? Because you did not want to waste the bitter sweet necter of life!!Hmmm Because I'm not familiar with your work place surroUndings I will suggest this!! MAKE 1/2 A POT! You simply use half the required amount of H2O and Coffee you would normally use to make a FULL pot and Voila!!! Remember Some would say that glass is half full,Others would say the glass is half empty.Engineers say the glass is the wrong size for the amount of fluid inside it!!
Ropeguy

Postby Fred » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:37 am

Yeah we have pre-packaged cofee with a perk machine that brews it driectly into a pump thermos dispenser. So no way to make a small dose. I guess the other solution might have been to drink the whole pot. But there isn't a pad of paper thick enough or pencil tip strong enough to resist that kind of chicken scratching.
Fred
Site Admin

officeless window

Postby mathieu » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:26 am

since this post seem to be about work. I'll ramble on a bit.

all this talk about coffee machines and coffee breaks reminds me of my indoor job. Here are a few reason why I miss it.

2 pairs of gloves and my hands were still freezing
2 pairs of socks and insulated boots and I still have frozen toes
5 layers of clothes and the wind still goes throught all of them.
I must of swung my hammer 1000 times today and placed a few pins.

Did I say work, it sounds more like a day of climbing ice, oh I can't wait to go hit what the Rockies has to offer.

t'was -25 with the winchill today and we still worked a 10 hour day and tomorrow they are forecasting a max of -17 (without the wind mind you, they are calling for 50+km/hr wind). Oh yeah we work in the prairies so there isn't a single tree around to seek shelter from.

keep this in mind next time you complain about not having coffee at 4 hr. I'm lucky if I have a warm coffee past 8hr30 AM.
mathieu

Return to General