Kamouraska / Rumney?

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Kamouraska / Rumney?

Postby patzer » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:32 am

Hey,

I'm headed out of town for some sport climbing next week. What's the best choice this time of year? Leaning towards Kamouraska since my partner's already been to Rumney (I'm new to both). And if we go to Kamouraska, any suggestions on routes (Moby Dick is the only one I know that I'm excited to get on)? Looks like we can just get a guide when we arrive at the campsite?

Thanks!

Jason
patzer

Re: Kamouraska / Rumney?

Postby Fred » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:08 pm

You are more likely to get a breeze at Kamou. It can get hot and muggy in NH this time of year.

All of the routes in Kamou are spectacular. Just start ticking them all off.

You can get the topo here:

http://www.drtopo.com/guidebooks/pdf_gu ... /kamou.pdf
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Kamouraska / Rumney?

Postby Dom » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Both places are excellent but I'd say go for Kamou. The climbing is spectacular and the bakery in the town of Kamou is out of this world. All longer routes in Kamou are 5 star classics.

I just came back from Rumney and although it was awesome, it was indeed hot and muggy as Fred said.

Also, the guide on drtopo is incomplete. There are a few more routes in the real guidebook.

ENJOY!

P.s. Even if you just know how to say ''bonjour'' or Ça va?, say it to locals. Even if you're not francophone they really appreciate you using a bit of French even if it's just a word or two.
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Return to General