haven,t heard of this before

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

haven,t heard of this before

Postby john » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:25 pm

From RC.com

Photos on RC.com

I was lead climbing a 3 pitch Trad Climb at donner, got to the crux that was a little over hung. I have terrible shoes for smearing (they are really agressive) and I was about 10 feet above my last placement and I was pulling the rope up. I'd been placing Trad on two seperate cracks so I had a ton of drag, I put the rope in my teeth and it fell out. Now I was pumped and pissed so I yanked it up, bit down on it hard and right then, unexpectedly I blew shreding the skin on my hands and falling about 15-20 feet. My number 2 camalot held great but I had the rope in my mouth behind my teeth. The unexpected fall made me tense up and when the rope ripped out it yanked out two teeth and ended up breaking the bone that holds the root around my front teeth.

I don't need people to make fun, I'm getting that from my wife now. Thanks. I hope this never happens to anyone else. I've never lead sport, just Trad from the get go, probably why I was tense when I fell No dental insurance either, 1-2 grand to fix everything. 2 grand if the other tooth dies. If someone finds a bloody tooth on the black wall it's mine
john

Postby dcentral » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:40 pm

Sucks to be that guy. I can't imagen how much that hurts.
dcentral

Postby Fred » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:48 pm

probably hurts as much as ramming a rusty spike underneath your fingernail :wink:
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby mitchleblanc » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:21 am

I just threw up in my mouth. That is effing nasty.
mitchleblanc

Postby Andrew » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:35 am

I've often wondered about that... falling on lead with the rope in my mouth. I think i'll be a little more cautious of that.

Andrew
Andrew

Return to General