slight joint pain - glucosamine sulfate supliment?

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

slight joint pain - glucosamine sulfate supliment?

Postby thicks » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:54 pm

Gooday all, here I am typing away at this keyboard and aside from alllllll the work I am doing right now, I am also noticing a slight ache in my right hand knuckles. I am pretty much positive it isn’t an injury as I have not been climbing enough to sustain an overuse type of injury or a sprain or pulled muscle. I guess the onset of arthritis is a possibility ( :shock: ) but I would rather not admit to that.

The obvious answers being to stretch more and better and to train more often and harder, to put less strain on my joints and more on my muscles but not long ago someone suggested glucosamine sulfate. Are there any 'users' out there and if so what do you think about it?
T
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips
thicks

Postby dcentral » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:09 pm

I've take it in the past. THe daily recommended dose is pretty high for how much it cost. THe cheapest place to get it seems to be Walmart.

I used to just take one a day. For awhile I had really stiff knuclkes from all the judo I was doing at the time. It helped too away some of the stiffness.

I knew someone else who used to take it, she was a gymnaist and all her joints creeked and it took out the creek.

I've read that it works for some, and not others. Some people thinks it doesn't work then when they go off it they realize it helped.

I never finished the first bottle I bought. The stiffness went away before I finished the bottle.

I also meet a dog owner on the weekend who gave a quater of a pill a day to her dog and it helps with it's arthritis.

I'd say try it. I won't kill you and it'll probably relieve some pain.
dcentral

Postby cooper » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:52 pm

i use it for my knees i try to take one a day when i rember and it helps a lot i recomend id and like dc central said it wont hurt u to try it
-Ryan
cooper

Postby thicks » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:33 am

Thanks for the info, for anyone looking for more information here are some online resources:

MedlinePlus

WebMD Health

cheers
T
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips
thicks

Return to General