16 kids!

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

16 kids!

Postby martha » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:32 am

I think these people think that God is giving them these children.

Someone should tell them it is likely the sex.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/World/458821.html
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby thicks » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:56 am

speaking of a crapload of kids, how did last night go?
T
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips
thicks

Postby granite_grrl » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:29 am

Deja-vu. Well, not really. I just replied to this same topic on RC.com.

Anywho, to repeat what I said there: 50 or 60 years ago that many kids weren't all that odd to have. Heck, my mother comes from a family with 15 kids.

If they can support that many children, power to them.
granite_grrl

Postby martha » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:28 pm

I know this is how things used to be. But I'm telling you from someone who is pregnant at the moment.....I don't think I could let my body go through this that many times! Holy. it is so intense and crazy. and being pregnant for basically 15 years straight is not my exact idea of a good time.
Fred and I plan on having a big family by today's standards. We'd like to have 4 kids if we can.

....Gawd, her boobs have been leaking since she was 21.

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby granite_grrl » Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:55 am

Cara......I never said it was sane ;)

Personally I have a hard time imagining myself bearing one child, much less 16!
granite_grrl

Postby martha » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:06 am

I agree, I think their sanity is in question!

oh, don't let me scare you from having kids. it is wonderful. I am loving every minute of this pregnancy, but the changes to your body take some adjusting to! and i'm thankful they are only temporary!

martha

Postby Andrew » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:30 am

That's a lot of kids. Hopefully that dood is really good at selling real estate and BIG real estate. 16 kids... man I think i might forget some of their names.

Cudos to the wife there... hopefullly by the 10th child bearing, she's lost all feeling during delivery...

Andrew
16 kids.. AHHHH run away
Andrew

Postby Aficionados » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:54 pm

Lots of kids, true, but I'm thinking right now of one of my friend, who actually had a baby 10 days ago (he's awesome !) : she has 18 brothers and sisters, and roughly 240+ cousins on only one side of the family. It's mainly a religion thing but I think there is also an ounce oz crazyness...
It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred as a sheep.
Aficionados

Postby Andrew » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:35 pm

Well, a hundred years ago, the more kids you bear the better, but in this 'modern' age... we're overpopulated and I think the old ideas of whatever religions that say you shouldn't use birth control methods is possibly a little out-dated and doesn't really apply. I know I don't really want to have more than 1 or 2 kids, should I happen to have any. It can also be a financial deal... I mean, not everyone can afford to have loads of kids. Those little buggers are expensive. I know! I was a kid not too long ago.

Aficionados wrote:Lots of kids, true, but I'm thinking right now of one of my friend, who actually had a baby 10 days ago (he's awesome !) : she has 18 brothers and sisters, and roughly 240+ cousins on only one side of the family. It's mainly a religion thing but I think there is also an ounce oz crazyness...
Andrew

Postby vbpad » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:56 pm

Andrew wrote:! I was a kid not too long ago.

Not long ago??? :shock:
vbpad

Postby BolderBoy » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:23 am

I think the limit should be 10. I mean 10's all you need to have a factory going in your basement.
BolderBoy

Return to General