Interzone Missing Hanger

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Interzone Missing Hanger

Postby Fred » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:57 am

I've been slowly ticking some of the harder older routes in Welsford and this weekend I was going to take a look at Interzone near Chunky Chunky. When I rapped down I noticed that the second bolt hanger (2 of 3) is missing. Does anyone know the history?
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Interzone Missing Hanger

Postby motanb » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:02 pm

way back in 96 or so..I was scoping this line after climbinf chunk chunky. I noticed that the hanger and nut had come terribly loose, almost falling off, so at the time i took it. hahaha. I still have that hanger. Since I kneew no one ever climbs that route and since no one ever asked (until now!!) I just forgot. But hey, now you know.
Thomas

"When you get to the top.... Keep climbing"

~ JaphyRyder
motanb

Postby Fred » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:09 pm

amazing how no one has looked at this line since 96 eh?!! hehe

I quickly took this line off my tick list after scoping it out this weekend. The quality isn't great.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Dom » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:27 am

Very old thread I know... Anyways, I got on this route Saturday. The 2nd hanger is still missing. I will replace it sometime this Summer.

This route is a great technical climb. A must for those who like sandbag granite faces. Not sure why Fred said the quality isn't great. I disagree. Rock quality is good.
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Postby Greg » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:29 am

Dom wrote:Very old thread I know... Anyways, I got on this route Saturday. The 2nd hanger is still missing. I will replace it sometime this Summer.

This route is a great technical climb. A must for those who like sandbag granite faces. Not sure why Fred said the quality isn't great. I disagree. Rock quality is good.

I have wondered about this route as well. It does look hard! Hey Dom, have you ever climbed The Flying Scotsman? It is just right of Interzone. Joe and I climbed it last month. It was quite an adventure :)
Greg

Postby Dom » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:51 am

Greg wrote:I have wondered about this route as well. It does look hard! Hey Dom, have you ever climbed The Flying Scotsman? It is just right of Interzone. Joe and I climbed it last month. It was quite an adventure :)

Never been on it. How is the roof? Type 2 fun kind of adventure?
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Postby Greg » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:42 pm

Dom wrote:
Greg wrote:I have wondered about this route as well. It does look hard! Hey Dom, have you ever climbed The Flying Scotsman? It is just right of Interzone. Joe and I climbed it last month. It was quite an adventure :)

Never been on it. How is the roof? Type 2 fun kind of adventure?

The roof was definitely the highlight. Yeah type 2 but some cleaning would make it a lot better and it would probably see some traffic.
Greg

Return to New Brunswick