Newfoundland Climbing Guide Released!

Welcome NF !!!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Newfoundland Climbing Guide Released!

Postby Wallnuts Climbing Centre » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:24 am

Hey everyone, The guide has been released. It has 200 Rock and Ice Routes in several areas, including a big remote granite wall on the south coast and much more. Its available for online orders here:

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=1176850

If you're in Newfoundland already then it's available at Wallnuts Climbing Centre, http://www.wallnutsclimbing.com, The Outfitters, http://www.theoutfitters.nf.ca in St. John's as well as Georges Ski World in Steady Brook (by Marble Mountain) on the west coast.

The summer season is upon us! If you come to visit hit me up and I'll give you all the beta you need. Loads of FA's to be done yet and the book has a few of them listed.

Leo
Wallnuts Climbing Centre

Re: Newfoundland Climbing Guide Released!

Postby chossmonkey » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:04 pm

Hmmm...

Now all I have to do is convince the other half to go out there.

By the way, the link to buy it isn't working. If it s a coding error in your post PM the correct code to me and I can fix it in your OP or just make a new post.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby Wallnuts Climbing Centre » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:20 am

Leo van Ulden
Wallnuts Climbing Centre

Postby granite_grrl » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:25 am

I'd be interested in picking this guide book up, but it doesn't give you shipping costs till you fill out the full order, including credit card info. Any idea how much it would cost to ship to Ontario?

Note: the site printing the book is American, right? I find it ironic that this guide will have to be shipped from the states.
granite_grrl

Postby Wallnuts Climbing Centre » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:07 am

I'm not sure really about shipping costs as Lulu takes care of that. Ya, ironic, it was the easiest way to publish and keep all my rights and not have to produce huge numbers of the book to keep the price down. They print on demand, so if i need 1 book or 100, its all that gets made and the price stays the same. Plus the do all the shipping and order processing for me, I just get a cheque in the mail.
Leo van Ulden
Wallnuts Climbing Centre

Postby chossmonkey » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:46 pm

Wallnuts Climbing Centre wrote:See if this works:

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=1176850

Leo

Perfect.

I fixed the link in the OP too so if someone comes in and clicks it it will go to the right place.
If women ruled the world there would be no wars, just be a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.
chossmonkey

Postby chossmonkey » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:52 pm

granite_grrl wrote:I'd be interested in picking this guide book up, but it doesn't give you shipping costs till you fill out the full order, including credit card info. Any idea how much it would cost to ship to Ontario?

Note: the site printing the book is American, right? I find it ironic that this guide will have to be shipped from the states.

Not really real answers, but maybe if you follow the run around you can find them.

http://www.lulu.com/en/help/shipping_faq#shipping_cost

http://www.lulu.com/en/help/shipping_faq#shipping_canada
chossmonkey

Postby Wallnuts Climbing Centre » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:44 am

I just got confirmation that Mountain Equipment Co-op will be carrying the guide in their eastern stores! Woot!
Leo van Ulden
Wallnuts Climbing Centre

Postby granite_grrl » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:08 pm

Wallnuts Climbing Centre wrote:I just got confirmation that Mountain Equipment Co-op will be carrying the guide in their eastern stores! Woot!

Hmmm, might be easier to have the folks pick it up for me in Halifax. I would just have to wait for my next trip back home.
granite_grrl

Postby martha » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:17 pm

MEC considers the stores in Ontario to be 'eastern' stores so you'll be able to get it in TO. but getting it in Halifax would likely be easier than navigating the downtown! ha!
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

If a husband speaks in the woods, and his wife is not there to hear him...is he still wrong?
martha

Postby jredpath » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:00 pm

granite_grrl wrote:I'd be interested in picking this guide book up, but it doesn't give you shipping costs till you fill out the full order, including credit card info. Any idea how much it would cost to ship to Ontario?

I just ordered it. $6.08 to ship to BC, and I imagine it will be similar to Ontario. There's an option for $132.82 overnight shipping (yikes!).

They also charged GST, so maybe it's getting shipped from Canada?

Total from Lulu was $30.01 (US dollars).

Nice work finishing it up Leo... looking forward to seeing it.

John
jredpath

Postby chossmonkey » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:09 pm

Wallnuts Climbing Centre wrote:I just got confirmation that Mountain Equipment Co-op will be carrying the guide in their eastern stores! Woot!

We just picked up a copy of it today at the Hali store. Looks good. I can't wait to get out there and use it.
chossmonkey

Return to Newfoundland and Labrador