Warning: Shipping to USA

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Warning: Shipping to USA

Postby cory » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:40 pm

I've heard rumours that USPS/homeland security is now enforcing a rule that hinders shipping packages to the hardware stores just across the border. Apparently you must first pre-register in person, where you will be asigned a PO box at the hardware store then address it to that box# c/o hardware store... No charge for this, but it must be done and only once before the package(s) arrives otherwise it will be returned to sender. I'm not sure all the above info is accurate or complete, and have no idea if this applies to all shipping methods or not. So, if you are planning on ordering anything, call Johnson's or the other guys first to get your ducks in a row.
cory

Re: Warning: Shipping to USA

Postby Stacey » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:28 am

Hi Cory
This is true, we stopped at C&E on our way home from North Conway last weekend...
it is only affecting parcels from USPS though (not UPS, etc.)
''When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.''
~John Muir
Stacey

Postby cory » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:38 pm

Thanks, Stacey.
Apparently it is also possible to fill out a form online and email to USPS or the broker/receiver. I've not tried looking for it. Anyone know the url?
cory

Postby Dom » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Another hindrance to shipping to USA is some companies won't accept ''Foreign'' Credit Cards. It happened to me recently for the first time.
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Return to Gear