ice gear for sale

Lost gear? Selling? Donating? Questions?

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

ice gear for sale

Postby Rowan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:52 pm

I notice some people are looking for ice climbing stuff, and I have some ice climbing stuff that I haven't used since I moved out to Halifax Nova Scotia:

Asolo Double Boots, Size 12 - Kinda beat-up, kinda old school. Need exterior laces... Bidding starts at $40

Lowe Footfangs - rigid crampons. Like fangs for your foot.... $40

Stubai Tirol Extrem [sort of] bent-shaft ice tools - "the Tirols are to ice climbing what Fires are to Rock: a step beyond." Both have hammer heads (I lost the ring adze which I never really used anyway)... $40 each

HERE ARE SOME PICTURES.
Included for your eduaction and amusement are screen captures of the old MEC catalogue listings - everything's online these days.
Rowan

Re: ice gear for sale

Postby Rowan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:54 pm

Oh yeah e-mail: rowan.lubke[ ]gmail.com
Rowan

Postby Rowan » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:04 pm

Hey, the boots and poons are sold.... sorry
I still have the fine axes though. I've had an offer from the Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies but it was so lowball as to be insulting, so I'm holding out for an alpinist who truly appreciates their value.
Rowan

Postby Joe » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:18 pm

You should have taken their offer!
Joe

Postby Rowan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Aye, on teh one hand it would indeed be an honour to have my tools fused to a fibreglass and wax replica of Barry Blanchard on his historic first ascent of Red Man Soars in Kananaskis, in the Telus 'Mountain Masters' Canadian Mountain Hall of Fame, but on the other I don't like some hoity-toity curator playing me for a chump.
Rowan

Return to Gear