Ice Season 2013/2014

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Re: Ice Season 2013/2014

Postby theriault » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:02 pm

Joe, you're right, I was up there, conditions where not ideal, most routes where really sun baked and running with salty water from the top... snice conditions, but we still managed to climb 2 routes on the Main pillar, beautiful climb btw!~
Marty
theriault

Postby Greg » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:20 am

There were a grand total of 10 climbers in the Parlee area yesterday to enjoy some fabulous late season ice. Six of us ventured up to the Parlee minor area. We climbed Treesicles, Remote Control and about 6 lines on the massive Winter Warmer wall. There is about 10 feet of snow in the gulleys and that is no exaggeration. Truancy is still standing but looking pretty sketchy. The top of the pillar does not look like it is attached anymore. Marty and company ventured in to the amphitheater and reported similar conditions there as well. I expect that there is at least another two weeks of ice climbing left in the season. I think it would be cool to be ice climbing in May. I have never done that before!
Greg

Postby Stacey » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:35 pm

Sounds like a nice trail will be packed in then :D
''When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.''
~John Muir
Stacey

Postby theriault » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:13 pm

The never ending ice season is still in! Went to the Hatchery today, Everything between Algae wall and Mur d'la Plaise is super FAT and HERO!!!!

Bring snowshoes, we post holed most of the way in hip deep snow! Also bring your long screws!
Marty
theriault

Previous

Return to New Brunswick