Ski Camp for sale near Parlee Brook climbs Sussex

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Ski Camp for sale near Parlee Brook climbs Sussex

Postby darrell » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi folks,

Have moved to NS, so it is now a 4 hour drive to my camp in Sussex, and now with 2 small kids, not likely to make the drive often enough.
So, selling my camp - link to Kijiji and pics below - but note to climbers it is located on the Walker Settlement rd, which meets / becomes the Parlee Brook rd as they form a loop.
Plowing stops just past my camp, so it's a 2 or 3 km (can't remember) ski (or skidoo) down the back hill to the Abby (where everyone parks for lower access to Parlee climbs) at the corner of Parlee brook rd and Arnold Hollow rd. Then another 2 - 3 kms ski into the bottom entrance.

Respect my neighbour and friend alot next door to the camp, and would prefer to sell to skiers / climbers / outdoor lovers if possible, even though it is close to skidoo trail.

Would be great to see a few people get together and buy it. It is about 20 -25 kms from the awesome climbs at Little Salmon River / Walton Glen Canyon, and plowing varies year to year, but trip can be done part by car and long ski or skidoos of course.
May throw in a skidoo and pack sled with sale if interested.

Price on Kijiji reduce to $39,000 but will take less for climbers!

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-house-for-sale/s ... nFlag=true
Darrell
darrell

Re: Ski Camp for sale near Parlee Brook climbs Sussex

Postby Rich » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:58 pm

Ahhh man...that must be a hard place to let go. What a wicked spot. I have great memories of the couple times I got to hang out there. So nice to come back to a fire and some port after a foray into the LSR or Parley...

cheers to the cabin!

r
Rich

Postby Adam » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:32 am

wasn't there a hot tub there at one point?
Adam

Postby darrell » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:26 pm

Hey Rich - It will be hard to part with it, but now being 4 hours away vs 1 hour previously, really means I won't use it more than a few times a year.

Hey Adam - Hot tub is still there, and could be used. But, it was a hassle keeping it filled and running with enough water not to runin the pump. - it is a redwood cedar one, and leaks a bit somewhere. If I were to use it again (after a good pressure wash..) I would likely just fill it on Friday evening, heat and use it on Sat evening, and then drain Sunday.
Or, buy one of those soft foam ones for $600 new or likely one used for less. Cimbing out the bathroom window, and getting in the hot tub was definitely nice after a long day of skiing or climbing.

I have a guy who wants to buy now, but he is a snowmobiler, and I really don't want t osell t osomeone who will have a dozen sleds up there all the time. Plus, he is still a bit low on price..

Another snowmobiler wants to rent it for the winter, but again, not interested.
I would consider renting to climbers or skiers (who know or know of), for the season.
Darrell
darrell

Postby Sacvalkenier » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:38 pm

Hey, probably already sold but.... We are skiers and climbers with a small family looking for something like this? Did you sell it to the snow mobiler?
Thanks!
Steph
Sacvalkenier

Postby darrell » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:30 pm

Hey, no still for sale. Had snowmobilers who wanted to rent to buy, but wasn't for me.
Ad is on kijiji, link below - you can call me if you like 902 542 3708
. My Neighbour and good friend next door has keys for it and can show it or give keys.

Darrell

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-house-for-sale/m ... opAdSearch
darrell

Return to New Brunswick