Website Down

Welcome NF !!!

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

Website Down

Postby dquinn » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:44 pm

haha, I bet nobody noticed the website was down for a week on this forum. Oh well, you Newfies will discover the internet some day - and rock climbing for that matter. Come on guys, you live on "the rock". Sorry about that Cooper.
dquinn

Postby cooper » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:12 pm

dude
i was so about to come up with a rude reply till the last line lol
-ryan
cooper

Postby dquinn » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:42 pm

haha, wouldn't have mattered since you're the only one who checks this section anyway :lol: But I hope you're pulling hard, see you in December.
dquinn

Postby dave » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:15 am

Just because some of us spend our time actually rock climbing instead of talking about it on the internet hardly seems like a reason for ridicule...

Also, dont call us newfies.

dave

Postby The Mitt » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:24 am

Well said Dave; to most "mainlanders" it’s a common misconception that we all like to be called "Newfies". Most Newfoundlanders I know (including myself) don't prefer to be called that. Or that Newfoundland is a backward province that is kept going by the rest of the country (another common misconception) there are several other provinces and territories in worse shape financially than Newfoundland.

Mitt
The Mitt

Postby dquinn » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:39 am

Sorry Newfoundlanders,

Don't get your panties in a bunch, I was just razzing cooper. I didn't know that you took offence to people abbreviating the name of your province - it won't happen again. And who is talking about the financial situation in newfoundland? Not me. I was kidding about the internet comment, clearly there are computers in newfoundland. I've visited Newfoundland about a dozen times myself. You guys seem to have a bit of an inferiority complex going on if you are so quick to jump to your defense. I wouldn't care if someone called me a "Scotian" or some such word. Seems like I hit a nerve.

And don't call us mainlanders. Haha.
dquinn

Postby dquinn » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:45 am

On a similar note, have you guys read the The Shipping News? I would be pissed if I were you. That american author managed to capure some of Newfoundland's charm, but she really made you guys look twisted. I was offended and I'm not even from Nfld.
dquinn

Postby dquinn » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:49 am

dave wrote:Just because some of us spend our time actually rock climbing instead of talking about it on the internet hardly seems like a reason for ridicule...

Also, dont call us newfies.

I hear you; I just hang out on climbing message boards so I can have that rugged climber image. One of these days I’m going to toss out my computer and get serious about climbing – because it’s one or the other. Since you are posting on the internet too, I imagine you are in the same predicament.
dquinn

Postby dcentral » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:53 am

dquinn wrote:. I wouldn't care if someone called me a "Scotian" or some such word.

Dude Scotian? No one uses that it's Blue Noser.
dcentral

Postby dave » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:00 pm

I've never heard anyone tell a "scotian" joke that suggested being from nova scotia meant you were stupid.
dave

Postby dquinn » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:19 pm

dave wrote:I've never heard anyone tell a "scotian" joke that suggested being from nova scotia meant you were stupid.

But if they did I wouldn't care because I would know it isn't true...

"Jenny and Dave were a happy Scotian couple until Jenny passed away one night, so Dave called 911.

The 911 operator told Dave that she would send someone out right away. "Where do you live?" asked the operator.

Dave replied, "At the end of Eucalyptus Drive."

The operator asked, "Can you spell that for me?"

There was a long pause and finally Dave said, "How 'bout if I drag her over to Oak Street, and you pick her up there?"

haha... well not really, but who cares?
dquinn

Postby Fred » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:26 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

that's a gooder
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Fred » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:29 pm

dave wrote:I've never heard anyone tell a "scotian" joke that suggested being from nova scotia meant you were stupid.

it's easy. You just change the "newfy" with "nova scotian" and voila. Just like people in Fredericton have Zealander jokes and people in Digby have Digby Necker jokes. It's all relative. I'm sure someone in TO is making fun of all us atlantic canaders just like Newfoundlanders are probably having a crack at someone else.
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby dcentral » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:25 pm

What's Toronto?
dcentral

Postby dquinn » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:07 pm

Sweet, this thread is now tied for the most posts in the Newfoundland and labrador section. There's nothing like a little controversy to spice things up. Come on... one more post...
dquinn

Postby dcentral » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:54 pm

I refuse to post for pitty's sake.
dcentral

Postby johnthegreat » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:04 am

Yeah and out here in calgary the get a kick out of us maritmers prenounsing are r's like pirates.
Climbinb WILL ruin your life!!! :)
johnthegreat

Return to Newfoundland and Labrador