North Conway - lodging??

For all the motormouths who just need to spray.

Moderators: chossmonkey, Dom, granite_grrl

North Conway - lodging??

Postby Mike D » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:31 pm

Planning a march trip to the N Conway area.
Can anyone recommend a good (.... and cheap! :wink: ) motel/inn/B&B in the area??

thanks, Mike
Mike D

Re: North Conway - lodging??

Postby Matt Peck » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:42 pm

red apple?!? inn towards Attitash was good. $40 per night. Anyone know of a good spot to poach a bivy in that area?
You can't take the sky from me.
Matt Peck

Postby Charley » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:22 am

Intervale Motel on the main drag heading out towards Ragged Mountain wasn't bad: clean, quiet, not too expensive, closer in to town than the Red Apple. Helps if you witness a few falls of other patrons on the black ice outside the office door and can bargain the rate down a bit, too. 8)
-Wo xiang mei er, mei xin, bian shi tou-
Charley

Postby PeterA » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:07 am

Matt Peck wrote:red apple?!? inn towards Attitash was good. $40 per night. Anyone know of a good spot to poach a bivy in that area?

We usually just bivy at rest area parking lots. There are a couple along the kancamangus (sp?) and a few others a bit closer.

-PJ
PeterA

Postby Mike D » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:54 pm

PeterA wrote:
Matt Peck wrote:red apple?!? inn towards Attitash was good. $40 per night. Anyone know of a good spot to poach a bivy in that area?

We usually just bivy at rest area parking lots. There are a couple along the kancamangus (sp?) and a few others a bit closer.

-PJ

Thanks all for the advice ... a suggestion in the staffroom to trying hotwire.com .... and a $60 night at the North Conway Grand Hotel is in my future (it sounds ... well ... grand!!)

hhmmmm ... $60 hotel room or a bivy bag and a -20 mummy bag and $60 to spent on FUN ???
:( ... my wife and kid's posh requirements won out ... it is a comfy warm room for me!
Mike D

Return to General